F1 2011 Cant decide which wheel to get :(

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I have already 1 very reliable wheel G25 but since i love this game so much F12011 :) i am thinking about buying

Thrust Master T500RS Ferrari Formula One Wheel

or

another Ferrari 458 Italia wheel made by Thrustmaster which will be available before xmas.

Which one should i get?

@Renneboog I think would be good if you gave him this feedback and it might help him, maybe he is legit what do I know but like April said his do vids look dodgy.

From looking this guy up he seems to have problems delivering the wheels on time (1-3 months late) and got some negative feedback, I think thats why he has disabled comments.

His products look really nice I must and Renneboog seems happy with his wheel.

The last I heard, poor old Zeljko Roso was laid up in hospital. Its a one man show so if he is ill, then he wont be producing wheels or replying to emails.

I cant really comment on the professionalism of his videos or why they arent narrated, his products and customer testimonials tend speak for themselves, but I think its rather harsh to call 'scammer' just because he hasnt got an operation the size of Logitech behind him.

http://www.motionsimcentral.com/Art...11/Roso-Formula-One-Replica-Wheel-Review.aspx

The last I heard, poor old Zeljko Roso was laid up in hospital. Its a one man show so if he is ill, then he wont be producing wheels or replying to emails.

I cant really comment on the professionalism of his videos or why they arent narrated, his products and customer testimonials tend speak for themselves, but I think its rather harsh to call 'scammer' just because he hasnt got an operation the size of Logitech behind him.

http://www.motionsimcentral.com/Art...11/Roso-Formula-One-Replica-Wheel-Review.aspx

You trust testimonials that are on his own site?

You trust testimonials that are on his own site?

You stupid woman! (René François Artois in Allo! Allo!)
MotionSimCentral.com is a FREE and UNDEPENDENT community for Motion Simulator Enthusiasts. Anyone wishing to learn or share motion simulation knowledge is welcome. Has nothing to do with Zeljko Roso.
Once again: start drinking lemonade, you won't be pissing vinagre.

it doesn't take a force such as logitech to be professional. with a bit of common sense 1 person can do amazing things. sadly, we live in a world where common sense isn't that common any more.

Seriously mate, can you apply a bit of common sense to the fact that he produced his own 'one-off' wheel, put a video of it out there, and the demand went through the roof. He was never trying to sell these things. He has reviews on many independant Sim Racing sites and these things are selling themselves on the strength of that alone. Common sense also dictates his time is better spent manufacturing wheels than furthering his 'advertsing'.
The website is work in progress, its a one man operation producing bespoke wheels to order, and those who are in the know are respectful of his work. Did I mention that this one man is currently in and out of hospital also? Yes I think I did.

The way I see it, the OP was asking about wheels and already has a G25. Renneboog suggested to OP that getting a Roso wheel for his/her existing G25 base unit would be better than giving hundreds of pounds to Thrustmaster for a plasticy piece of overpriced Ferrari replica tat which doesnt even have an SLI unit, and like most TM products, will probably spend more time in the mail back to Thrustmaster returns department than clamped to the users desk.

Seriously what is it with people on here recently? If you dont trust the product/manufacturer, then just give it a miss - you dont ALWAYS have to be so verbally sceptical and cynical and self-righteous.

Seriously mate, can you apply a bit of common sense to the fact that he produced his own 'one-off' wheel, put a video of it out there, and the demand went through the roof. He was never trying to sell these things. He has reviews on many independant Sim Racing sites and these things are selling themselves on the strength of that alone. Common sense also dictates his time is better spent manufacturing wheels than furthering his 'advertsing'.
The website is work in progress, its a one man operation producing bespoke wheels to order, and those who are in the know are respectful of his work. Did I mention that this one man is currently in and out of hospital also? Yes I think I did.

The way I see it, the OP was asking about wheels and already has a G25. Renneboog suggested to OP that getting a Roso wheel for his/her existing G25 base unit would be better than giving hundreds of pounds to Thrustmaster for a plasticy piece of overpriced Ferrari replica tat which doesnt even have an SLI unit, and like most TM products, will probably spend more time in the mail back to Thrustmaster returns department than clamped to the users desk.

Seriously what is it with people on here recently? If you dont trust the product/manufacturer, then just give it a miss - you dont ALWAYS have to be so verbally sceptical and cynical and self-righteous.

I completely agree.
I have a Roso wheel. It's a masterpiece. It's made of carbon - yes real carbon - and aluminium. Roso has developed this from scratch and the wheel is really a perfect handmade masterpiece. That's al I want to add, because some people here need to start trusting themselves. If you don't trust another, you're in the same boat.

I completely agree.
I have a Roso wheel. It's a masterpiece. It's made of carbon - yes real carbon - and aluminium. Roso has developed this from scratch and the wheel is really a perfect handmade masterpiece. That's al I want to add, because some people here need to start trusting themselves. If you don't trust another, you're in the same boat.

Take it easy grandpa before you go and break a hip.

Oh great:

First you cant see his face on his video.

Secondly you cant hear his voice.

Thirdly I must read those all so wonderful testimonials on his website.

Fourthly, I aint sure if he will be able to finish my wheel because of who knows how many order he is building right now.

And Now (since he is in and out of hospital you may not see your wheel after you send him $600 EURO directly to his bank account) he is in and out of hospital?

For Gods sakes I have heard enough please don't bother trying to belittle me because I smell something fishy?

It's my money and I will buy what i want - i am not going to send him a cent especially $600 Euro ($1000 AUD I think?).

I am too scared of not hearing from him even after I have gone to heaven.

Seriously if David Coutard was playing with my product I would post video with sound of David Coutard playing with it.

And if i am going to make a how to install the wheel video i would narrate my video with my real voice and explain steps by steps to my customers how to do it correctly.

Definately though i would not block the video with my hands and edit out the part where the wires need to be attached to the wheel.

If I had money to throw away then maybe I wont care if i lose my money - but money does not grow on trees for me especially now when my husband is out of work.

Oh great:

Fourthly, I aint sure if he will be able to finish my wheel because of who knows how many order he is building right now.

And Now (since he is in and out of hospital you may not see your wheel after you send him $600 EURO directly to his bank account) he is in and out of hospital?

For Gods sakes I have heard enough please don't bother trying to belittle me because I smell something fishy?

It's my money and I will buy what i want - i am not going to send him a cent especially $600 Euro ($1000 AUD I think?).

Seriously if David Coutard was playing with my product I would post video with sound of David Coutard playing with it.

And if i am going to make a how to install the wheel video i would narrate my video with my real voice and explain steps by steps to my customers how to do it correctly.

Definately though i would not block the video with my hands and edit out the part where the wires need to be attached to the wheel.

If I had money to throw away then maybe I wont care if i lose my money - but money does not grow on trees for me especially now when my husband is out of work.

I've found the perfect steering wheel for you:

Oh great:

I think you would obviously make contact with Roso and place an order, get the order accepted and discuss how you want it built prior to sending money.

Im not sure which bit of him plugging the wheel into the USB port of the computer you really need to see? There are no wires that need to be attached to the wheel. It goes in the USB, you install some software by EK and map the controls to your game of choice.

Im not trying to sell his wheel, I hope one day to own one of his masterpieces myself - but realise - he isnt really trying to hard sell them, nor does he need to show full installation instructions in a demo video of his work. If you dont want to buy into it, then dont. You made a post asking for some advice and you got it. :D

I also ordered a F1 wheel from Zeljko roso, he accepted my order and I paid in advance (720 Euro incl shipping), he clearly said a manufacture time of about 5-6 weeks.
Last email I recieved from him was that he recieved my money and eveything was fine (1 week after order) now we are almost 9 weeks further and he has not once replied to any of my emails again.
I don't mind if it takes alittle longer but a least have the decency to reply and explain why it takes longer, I know he is not a scammer since people here and on the iracing forums recieved their wheel...but when I don't get any sign of life from him for 8 weeks I feel kinda ripped off.

I also ordered a F1 wheel from Zeljko roso, he accepted my order and I paid in advance (720 Euro incl shipping), he clearly said a manufacture time of about 5-6 weeks.
Last email I recieved from him was that he recieved my money and eveything was fine (1 week after order) now we are almost 9 weeks further and he has not once replied to any of my emails again.
I don't mind if it takes alittle longer but a least have the decency to reply and explain why it takes longer, I know he is not a scammer since people here and on the iracing forums recieved their wheel...but when I don't get any sign of life from him for 8 weeks I feel kinda ripped off.

That's my biggest fear, once he takes your money you will get an email saying everything's cool, but as time goes on he disappears from the planet Earth.

what gets me about the
Thrustmaster T500RS Ferrari Formula One Wheel

where are the leds at top thay bring you a wheel out with no light omg ..........

That's why i refused to buy from Thrustmaster - scam! it's not even close to authentic.

I went to a shop they said to me do not buy Ferrari wheel from thrustmaster (not the f1 but the cheap plastic one). He also told me he has the G27 sitting on the floor for 8 months no one wants to buy it.

I guess i am sticking with my G25 :) she aint pretty but she'll do for now.

what gets me about the
Thrustmaster T500RS Ferrari Formula One Wheel

where are the leds at top thay bring you a wheel out with no light omg ..........
Yes a real let down, But im sure once the moders have got there hands on it im sure they will come up with an led that will work in it,
Just look at the top part were, The led is ment to be, see the 2 screws :) That is just crying to have one put in it :)
Regards
Engage

anyone have a suggestion for a good force feedback wheel for the xbox 360 that won't cost me more than £100 (UK). as i dont have the cash for a fantec system which is about £400+ and i refuse to get a ps3, just to use a logitec G25 or G27 wheel.

update, just waiting on my Logitech Drive Race FX for £40 and is alot cheaper than the MS wheel.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%