1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can't connect to the server

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Bram, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I constantly get the following message displayed: "can't connect to the server"

- what server?
    - how to solve it?

I am connected with the interweb and logged in to PSN

2. Has it sorted itself out now? if you're signed into PSN you should be good to go but I did have a couple of failures to connect earlier in the day, it may just be first day overloading.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

No it was still there when i turned the PS3 off. And I was indeed signed in to PSN. But to what servers is my ps3 trying to connect?

4. Gran Turismo Server i believe, it only happens to me when i try to access online game modes.

5. Happens to me too, also i sometimes get randomly insanely long loading times. 90% of the time loading takes almost no time, and then il have a 2minute random freeze/loading duration.

6. Also happening to me. I'm pretty sure it's pinging the GT servers. Since everyone technically has their own GT page, I'm guessing the game logs every little piece of data about our progress and syncs with the server. I'm guessing it will get better over the coming days as pd are able to adjust for millions of users attempting to connect...

7. Once this gets sorted out, can you guys post some impressions on the multiplayer? How laggy is it :)