1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can't change resolution

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Dan Watson, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I can't seem to change the resolution in the visual settings. It is stuck on 1280x720, when my screen resolution is 1920x1080. Can anyone help?

2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

can you see the option in the game but it wont change, or do you not know were to look.

3. I can see the option in the game, but there are no arrows either side of it allowing me to change it.

4. Dan, are you on a laptop?

5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

It often helps if more info is given.. PC spec, screen type... As the likes of Jim are having to guess which leads to allot of work for him... the more info you can give (within reason)
    can only help..:D

6. Sorry, my bad!

On a desktop PC with an ATi Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5 graphics card, connected to an old TV with a HDMI cable. Screen resolution is 1920x1080. CPU is an Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM

• Like Like x 1
  7. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

If you say an old tv, is it full HD or HD ready? There's a little difference between 720p and 1080p.

8. Ah that's a good point! It's a HD ready TV, so 720p. So I guess that's why it won't let me change the resolution. Although every other game I've played with this monitor (Dirt 3, Race series, F1 2011) allows me to change the resolution to 1920x1080. I'm confused!

9. There's a similar post on the Steam Discussion area and he was able to fix it by messing with the settings on the TV, something to do with scaling mode? Not too familiar with any of that stuff.

10. Try to change the 16:9 format to 16:10 or vice versa. Helped me :)

In the graphics options menu off course :p

11. I once run f1 2014 in 2560x1440 at 59ghz but now after installing again i cant see it anymore..anyone know how to enable this hd res?

12. I had a messed up issue once and I had to change to windowed mode to change the resolution, then went back to regular and I could choose everything again....odd.