1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can't change my player name

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by NotoriousMC, Oct 4, 2013.

1. I have a problem that doesn't make me change my name. At the start menu it asks you "what's your name'' it says player One, when I try to change it it doesn't make me. I press enter, backspace, nothing happens. When I go in the game as Player One I try to change it in the options, but that doesn't allow me either

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Is this for the PC?

@Graham Laing would be your man if so :)

3. If you're on PC, you have to press A on the controller first. Then, use the keyboard to change the text. Lastly, press A again to confirm.

At least, that's what I have to do.

4. I have the same problem!
    Also in a race when I want to save a setup I can't because I can't write the name..so stupid. I think the game have some troubles with the keyboard :(
    Keep me updated

ps: Windows 7 64bit

5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

What about if you just start typing?

I tried to click in the box, hit enter, then started typing. By pot-luck something worked.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I just fiddled for a few seconds and it worked.

6. Tried that, nothing

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Reports of this error are coming through at Codemasters, but no fixes mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  8. Me too :cry:
    by Player One

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Hi mate, if you have a wheel plugged in - the keyboard doesnt work in F1 2013 - this appears to be a known issue....
    Click me

10. It did not happen:(

11. Try unplugging your wheel until you have entered your name...

12. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

It is true (I have just realized), that when I entered my name I booted the game via keyboard only.

I haven't had a chance to play, so my wheel has not been connected yet. I only boot up on the keyboard to check things when I need to help someone on the forum

• Like Like x 2
  13. For me doesn't work anyway.
    I explain better: only keyboard is plugged (no gamepad or wheel), I open F1 2013 and when I press Enter on "Name - Player" to change the name does not open any box where I write the name! :( Is so strange!
    The same happens when I try to assign a name to a car's setup :redface: ..nothing.

NB: I wonder if there is a way to change the user name out of the game. In F1 2012 in "Start - Run - Regedit" you could modify a string in the registry key in which is stored your user name .. but I can not find any of that for F1 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

OK I have just done a quick test ..... and this seems to work. I have only got my keyboard connected at the moment, I would have to test again when I connect my wheel

1/ Start the game and just leave the names alone, accept it as it is (Player One?)

2/ MyF1 > Driver Information > Driver Details > Now you can change both names

3/ If autosave is on, then it will save

4/ Close game and re-start, you will now see your new name as the driver

:)

Edit: I have confirmed that it still work with my wheel plugged in (G27). I have just booted with the wheel and change may name back to how it was before.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  15. Try saving your setups! ;)

16. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Well this thread was about creating your player name not saving setups. That should have a separate thread if you want to discuss it :)

Edit: I do see someone has mentioned setup above..... I didn't register that fact

17. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Just tested.

I can name a setup, save a setup, and load a setup after a game re-boot. :)

18. I am using a Xbox 360 controller for PC.
    I followed your steps but unfortunately, into Driver Information/ Driver Details ... I can't modify my name pressing enter or clicking with the mouse. :(

19. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I have a Microsoft XBox 360 controller. I will dig it out and have go ..... BRB :)

20. Thanks for your help :) ... but I tried with the controller unplugged too....