1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't change my player name

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by NotoriousMC, Oct 4, 2013.

1. I have a problem that doesn't make me change my name. At the start menu it asks you "what's your name'' it says player One, when I try to change it it doesn't make me. I press enter, backspace, nothing happens. When I go in the game as Player One I try to change it in the options, but that doesn't allow me either
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Is this for the PC?

@Graham Laing would be your man if so :)
  3. If you're on PC, you have to press A on the controller first. Then, use the keyboard to change the text. Lastly, press A again to confirm.

At least, that's what I have to do.
  4. I have the same problem!
    Also in a race when I want to save a setup I can't because I can't write the name..so stupid. I think the game have some troubles with the keyboard :(
    Keep me updated

ps: Windows 7 64bit
  5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

What about if you just start typing?

I tried to click in the box, hit enter, then started typing. By pot-luck something worked.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I just fiddled for a few seconds and it worked.
  6. Tried that, nothing
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Reports of this error are coming through at Codemasters, but no fixes mentioned
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Me too :cry:
    by Player One
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Hi mate, if you have a wheel plugged in - the keyboard doesnt work in F1 2013 - this appears to be a known issue....
    Click me
  10. It did not happen:(
  11. Try unplugging your wheel until you have entered your name...
  12. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

It is true (I have just realized), that when I entered my name I booted the game via keyboard only.

I haven't had a chance to play, so my wheel has not been connected yet. I only boot up on the keyboard to check things when I need to help someone on the forum
    • Like Like x 2
  13. For me doesn't work anyway.
    I explain better: only keyboard is plugged (no gamepad or wheel), I open F1 2013 and when I press Enter on "Name - Player" to change the name does not open any box where I write the name! :( Is so strange!
    The same happens when I try to assign a name to a car's setup :redface: ..nothing.

NB: I wonder if there is a way to change the user name out of the game. In F1 2012 in "Start - Run - Regedit" you could modify a string in the registry key in which is stored your user name .. but I can not find any of that for F1 2013.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

OK I have just done a quick test ..... and this seems to work. I have only got my keyboard connected at the moment, I would have to test again when I connect my wheel

1/ Start the game and just leave the names alone, accept it as it is (Player One?)

2/ MyF1 > Driver Information > Driver Details > Now you can change both names

3/ If autosave is on, then it will save

4/ Close game and re-start, you will now see your new name as the driver

Edit: I have confirmed that it still work with my wheel plugged in (G27). I have just booted with the wheel and change may name back to how it was before.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  15. Try saving your setups! ;)
  16. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Well this thread was about creating your player name not saving setups. That should have a separate thread if you want to discuss it :)

Edit: I do see someone has mentioned setup above..... I didn't register that fact
  17. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Just tested.

I can name a setup, save a setup, and load a setup after a game re-boot. :)
  18. I am using a Xbox 360 controller for PC.
    I followed your steps but unfortunately, into Driver Information/ Driver Details ... I can't modify my name pressing enter or clicking with the mouse. :(
  19. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I have a Microsoft XBox 360 controller. I will dig it out and have go ..... BRB :)
  20. Thanks for your help :) ... but I tried with the controller unplugged too....