1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can't believe it...AGAIN

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Roger Snead, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Hello to all.
    After all the trouble I had updating to the 2013 Version, I finally got it, by uninstalling 2012 and installing a fresh copy of 2013. I then wanted to put Floripa track back in. I did, and played 2013 ONE time...yesterday.

Today The FTruck .exe shortcut is missing off the desktop (DT) The dedicated server and Config shortcuts are there, but no way to launch. I have looked where it should be in the main files, and I see the Server .exe, Config file, and the uninstall000.exe, but no FTruck .exe. to launch sim. Did a Program search...nothing. It's not in the recycle bin.

Any suggestions on how to find the FTruck 2013.exe file to launch sim.? Where could it go....literally?

This sim has just been non stop aggravation, whether it's me, sim, or pc, I don't know. I never have any problems with any other sim.

Before I uninstall everything again, I am asking if anyone can help. Thank you.

2. Can't edit the OP for some reason. (no edit option) like on this post.
    Wanted to say my PC is W7 64 bit OS. Installed Ftruck in Programs (x86) just like the 2012 version, which I had zero incidents.

3. Roger,

The exe for FTruck 2013 is "FTruck.exe" and not "FTruck 2013.exe".

And it can't vanish by itself either. Maybe you ran a cleaning/anti-virus software?

ftruck2013.JPG

4. Nope, have not run anything at all since last night. It was gone of the desktop, and I searched it FTruck.exe. The same exact thing happened with the 2012 FTruck.exe file, which I posted...never found it.(see attachment)

BTW, What do people mean when they say place all the downloaded files in the same folder, and run the installer?

Do they mean make a folder on the desktop and drag the two files (1bin and 2bin) into the folder. Please explain like you are talking to someone who has never seen a PC...seriously. Thank you.
    If I cant find this launch file, I will have to start again.
    Last time I just let the two files get placed on the desktop (bin1 and bin 2) and right clicked on the installer. It finnaly found them and all was well.

Again though, what is meant by putting all the files in the same folder? The same "Path"?

Thank you, from a PC noob.

Attached Files:

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

By the screenshot of your game folder you seem to have installation working out just fine so you shouldnt worry about it.

The exe vanishing is most likely the interference from some antivirus program. Have you got one running in the background?

6. Uninstalled and reinstalled again. Working fine until the F Truck file disappears again. I have never had anything Will see how long this lasts...geesh. I just don't get it.

7. Nope, I never have A/V on when doing anything w/F-Truck. I cannot launch game if it is on. That's the first thing I always do...disable A/V and even Skype. Thanks anyway

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

HI Roger, sorry things are not working out for you with this sim, again,
    this has to be something with the pc.
    what is the anti virus software on your computer.
    Norton, Avast, Avg, mcAfee for example
    which one is it..?

yes you can turn off Av program when you run the game but at other times its is monitoring your system, it run in the background. It is then when it can decide that the file is a threat and move it to a vault.. if you don't have a notification box ticked you will not know it happened.

you can always try to click on your av program and look for a thing called a virus vault or something worded similar. you can view what is in there. you can click on the file and there may be a option to replace the file to its original position, even a option to class the file as safe, this all depends on what software your are using. Do not click on any other file if there are more than 1 or that has nothing to do with ftruck.

9. Unblock FT.JPG FTruck .exe.JPG FTruck.JPG Unblock FT.JPG You boys are on it! A/v was blocking FTruck .exe, even though it was "OFF" Thank you once again.Please accept FTruck .exe.JPG FTruck.JPG FTruck .exe.JPG FTruck.JPG Unblock FT.JPG my apology Reiza.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What a damn mess! I selected Thumbnails, not freaking posters. Problems should be over, as I unblocked all FTruck related. i.e uninstall and FTruck .exe. Thanks so much. Sure is nice learning something new. RD members have taught me so much with sims. You wouldn't know it though...huh?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Anti virus programs are good, but can be overprotective at times.
    I think its safe to say we have all been there Roger,
    i don't understand enough about computers myself and have learnt so much over the last couple of years. I came form a xbox plug and play.. it scared me to death the first few months trying to install things, i crashed my pc so many times, i had a friend over nearly every week to help me out. :redface:
    I think its great we have a good community in RD who are helping each other. i was like you when i first started and now find i have some of the answers so it good when we can all help each other, The developer off the sim also help were he can, and are a good part of the Rd forums :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    you may find now you can use the knowledge you have gained in this sim with your install problems to help others or point them in the right direction.:)
    one of the reason i can help out in gtl so much is because ive maid all the mistakes myself,
    and was guided through it from other guys..

Now looking forward and hoping to see you on track at some point :)

• Like Like x 3