1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't begin. Program not working for me

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by AlexCuria, May 19, 2009.

1. Hi I downloaded and installed recently the latest version of BTB 7.0.6 (FULL DOWNLOAD).

It gives me the following error:

Unhandled Exception

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException. ......... --> System.ID.FileNotFoundException.......

I have following specs:

PIV 3.0 GHz
    1.2 GB RAM
    Radeon 9250 AGP 128MB
    Pixel Shader 1.4

Latest DirectX 9.0c drivers: Yes
    Microsoft .Net 2.0 framework installed: Yes
    Windows XP SP3 (32bit): Yes

I think it's because of the old graphic card which only has 128MB and Pixel Shader 1.4 but the strange thing is that I tried BTB a month ago and it worked. Could it be that the new version needs more specs?

Anyway, I have a second question which is probably more important than the first one.

I have a computer at home and another one at the office. Can I run two installs of BTB with the same licence? I usually have more spare time at home but I would like to continue "working" at work LOL

Thanks for your help
  2. i don't know about your first question, but you can't run btb on two machines at the same time without two licenses
  3. nope that card is using a 1.4!!!instead of a shader >2.0

time to invest into a new pc or a new stronger video card.

4. Sorry spahish

Alex cambia de grafica, tienes la mas barata de hace 5 años... invierte en diversion, saludos.
  5. Thanks for the answers. I was already guessing that the vid card was too old, but I thought I would ask anyway.

@Guerra8888, gracias, ya estoy comprando poco a poco las piezas para montar un PC con mejores prestaciones. Ya tengo la CPU, las memorias DDR3 y me falta la placa y la gráfica. Poco a poco ;)
  6. Don't know if the C++ libraries are installed but will check later. Thanks

btw. Apart from feeding the hardware, is there any other reason for having a strong PSU? I mean does the software stress so much the hardware that it needs more juice? My actual PSU has 600w (21v + 22v on each rail).
  7. There are lots of great reasons to have the Best Power supply you can afford in your system.

It as important to your PC system, as your Monitor is to your eyes.

Funny how Power supplies and monitors are usually the things most tend to skimp on in a system. These are and should be two of the highest priorites in your PC.

However, I am not going to dwell into all the technical bs that comes with this territory and I will just leave it to my almost 35 years of experince in electronics and the last 10 years working with a graphics processor manufacturer and video card designer for the PC market.

And I am nowhere near an expert. ... I wont even try to come off as one as some do.

I have learned one thing in life so far ...

"The more I learn, the more I realize on how much less I know"