Can't Alt+Tab and come back

Hi all,

I have some technical issues with rF2, one of them is, in Full Screen Mode, I cannot press Alt+Tab to switch to another application and then come back. I can go back to the task, but it does not show the game screen, I still see the desktop, though the mouse pointer changes and a small rectangular, but that's all.

Only way out, kill the task and restart. Window mode it works but that has some other annoyances.

Anybody an idea how to fix it? (I remember vaguely that either one of the Simbin Titels or rF1 used to have a similar issue, but cannot remember the fix for it)

Hardware wise I am running a ATI7870 based card.

been there since rf1 for some people, simply don't alt tab or run in windowed mode to your screen dimensions.
Hmmmm, that doesnt put ISI in a very good light if this is a known one and not been fixed that long. But ok, I can live with the windowed mode, havent seen that many disadvantages of it yet.
I do it via the task manager by selecting the game and the "switch to". :)
Tried that one, doesnt work for me.

I use windowed as well. Have a dual screen, so can browse on RD, and keep up with the news while driving around :) No problems with going in and out of the game.

I have had multiple platforms struggle with ALT-TAB. Race07, rfactor1, GSC, they all failed on me more then once with Alt-tab. Since then, I run all games in windowed mode.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%