1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot install some mod because of missing tracks, but tracks are there

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Sk3ptik0n, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

This is very strange, I have some mods that are not installing. When I go see what they are missing in at least some of them the missing tracks are Fuji and Mid Ohio.

The thing is that I have both those tracks and as far as I can tell, they are both the latest version.

Fuji: Fuji2012_v102.rfcmp
    Mid Ohio: VLM-v191-MidOhio.rfcmp

So maybe the mods that are not installing refer to an older version?

I am really not sure what to do with these mods. I am downloading them from the online list to try to join in MP but instead I get an error.

I am not a big fan of this system, at least as far as the tracks are concerned.
  2. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Indeed it looks like the tracks I have are newer than those required. Unfortunately, I had to install and download everything from scratch because of a huge crash and I no longer have the older versions.
  3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

When looking in the ADVANCED section of the info, it should display the required version numbers as well. Look there to see if you have the right ones.
  4. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Thank you. That's what I did and I found out those mods need the older version.

I find the way rF2 handles tracks more and more annoying each time I have to use it.. I hope in the future they will split the track and the mods.
    • Like Like x 1