WIP Cannonball Run USA

Really great idea. I've always liked the Cannonball/Gumball races.
I hope this project will be finished :p

If rFactor only had AI traffic, it would be most fun.

If someone that were good with AI files and there was a roundabout on this track. It would be possible. :)

The right hand straight. Is it 10 000 meters long? :O
Seems to be, LOL. Thou there are bumps and humps on the roads, so they are not generic flat!

Oh that’s long, enough for the ThrustSSC. I made 440km track just for it.
Thinks I hold the virtual speed record for that thing lol
Damn, 400km :D I only have tested 250km track...

If someone that were good with AI files and there was a roundabout on this track. It would be possible.
Hehe no idea how that could be done, would be nice thou..

I mean, because this is a point to point track, you could add a roundabout on each end. And then set the AI to drive on right lane down, and left lane up. And to get it feel like traffic you go into test day, or if you want rush you go into race. :)

I mean, because this is a point to point track, you could add a roundabout on each end. And then set the AI to drive on right lane down, and left lane up. And to get it feel like traffic you go into test day, or if you want rush you go into race. :)

You are right, that might just work! I just don't know how game handles such long route for AIW, at least its impossible to do in BTB. Maybe with AIW editor?

Theoretically, it might work. The problem here is that the track is huge. Distributing a light traffic with AI cars over the entire track would still require at least 100 cars perhaps? Not sure, if rFactor can handle it... with a real traffic system, the traffic cars would just spawn on the area the player is currently driving (assuming offline play).

Theoretically, it might work. The problem here is that the track is huge. Distributing a light traffic with AI cars over the entire track would still require at least 100 cars perhaps? Not sure, if rFactor can handle it... with a real traffic system, the traffic cars would just spawn on the area the player is currently driving (assuming offline play).

But it would be awesome anyway. Cutting a corner a bit and suddenly crashing into another car :D (And without getting a DQ) :wink:

That is true, but the track locates in area anyway which seems very isolated and not much traffic anyway. But there might be performance issues for adding like for example 60 cars, because this is more likely designed for only 1-10 human players etc.

I wonder if somebody would like to give it a try for applying AIW driveline with AIW editor?

Some little progress:
cannonshot10.jpg

You just got my attention. With my new GT2 wheel perfect timing as well. :cool:

I would hope that you'll install the AI at some point (perhaps RF2 will have better AIW tools which don't limit the number of waypoints). Note that the Targa team managed to put what must be zillions of waypoints into their track, so it must be possible (PM 6e66o at either NoGrip or ISI's forums as he's the head converter).

I have a couple 3D models I bought a while back, never got round to using them, so maybe someone (Some1 ;)) around here can turn them into decent rFactor cars.

They are in 3DS format.

Let me know who I should send these to...

Version 1.0 is now finished: http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-...1019-cannonball-run-usa-johnstone-county.html

I might as well announce my current project, which is open road style race within a spirit of Cannonball races, as made famous in such movies like Gumball Rally and Cannonball 1 & 2. From vast desert highways to twisty mountain roads, from gravel roads to dry river beds. Enjoy landscapes of mountains, lakes, valleys, deserts, farmlands and sympathic country town Johnstone.

My goal is to make this track FUN, this is not your typical race track. This is open road full speed entertainment with lots of surprises and funny stuff. Now its your turn to be virtual Burt Reynolds against your buddies online :cool: (AIW might be implemented, not sure at the moment)

This is something new for rFactor. Not maybe graphic wise that much, but entertainment wise :) Some WIP(!) screens:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7364491/cannon13.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7364491/GRAB_011.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7364491/GRAB_015.JPG

Not much good screenies yet, cause I'm more busy doing the track than taking pictures :D
Dunno if you're still out there but can you make a working conversion for GTR2!? I'm going nuts with it CTD always on loadingscreen and even people with skills can't fix it so far. But as said don't think you're out there anymore. Very sad cos I loved this track in rFactor where it worked fine.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 494 39.2%