Released Cannonball Run USA - Johnstone County

cannon1.jpg

cannon3.jpg

cannon5.jpg

Download: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Cannonball Run USA

This is open road race within a spirit of Cannonball races, as made famous in such movies like Gumball Rally and Cannonball 1 & 2. From vast desert highways to twisty mountain roads, from gravel roads to dry river beds. Enjoy landscapes of mountains, lakes, valleys, deserts, farmlands and sympathic country town Johnstone.

Code:
CANNONBALL RUN USA - JOHNSTONE COUNTY v1.1
"I bet I can beat your Ferrari with my Morris Mini"

INSTALLATION:
Track folder goes to: Gamedata/Locations
'JohnstoneCounty.hat' goes to: UserData/LOG/HAT

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please set your 'race rules' to following:

-Race laps: 2
-Flag rules: NONE
-Start type: STANDING

-Timing works properly only in RACE-mode, so do not try to attemp doing "official" time run in any other mode.
-IMPORTANT: Official timer starts at the exact moment when first car enters race session!
Think this as a official start signal, and it is up to you how fast you get your clothes on and leave the motel room :D

CHANGELOG:

v1.1:
-Some of the bridges had major collision bugs, fixed.
-Graphics made more prettier and consistent in higher graphics modes.
-New skies, thanks KittX!
-Starting grid expanded to hold 50 cars
-Most of the buildings now collide
-Small tweaks here and there

MAIN FEATURES:

1. 140km's of open roads (110km of tarmac, 18km gravel, 12km special)

2. 150 meters of road elevation change.

3. Possibility to choose different routes.

4. Hillclimb-style point to point race with working timing.

5. Some what realistic atmosphere. This is not arcade track.

6. Speed limit: 55 (not that it cannot be broken... ;)

7. WARNING: Some cars might get stuck in sand or fields. Be warned! Mostly those Europeans with their "fancy"
sports cars... ;)

8. Remember to enable damage, because it is fun to crash here.

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. NO AI drivers! I wasn't able to implement any sort of working computer
  opponents for this track. It might be possible, maybe in later versions.
  So this track is purely for online-fun or just driving ALONE. (CURRENTLY AIW IS BEING WORKED ON)

2. Performance. This track is HUGE and fairly heavy graphics wise, should work with normal gaming PC's.

3. Flickering problem. Due the limits of rFactor graphics engine, there is severe flickering with shadows.
  So almost all shadows are disabled. Don't worry, nothings wrong with your computer.

4. Graphic bugs in mirrors.

5. Yellow flag and 'wrong way' indicators flashing. But if you followed rule settings instructions, it doesn't matter.

6. There are NO PITS, so fill up before you go if you want to go Sunday driving.

7. And all the rest I am not aware of.

TROUBLESHOOT:

If you are having FPS issues, you can help that little bit:
Open: "JohnstoneCounty.scn"
Change: "ClipPlanes=(0.01, 150000.0)" to "ClipPlanes=(0.01, 2000.0)"
This limits the track distance drawn by computer, but makes flickering worse.
(online compatibility may be affected)

THANKS TO:

1. Rural Australia XPack, ennisfargis (For the cows, rocks, vegetation and other stuff!)
2. Longford 67 Houses XPack, Hompe, Woochoo, Gustaf Reutersward (Those houses helped me a lot to make the town alive!)
3. Zaxxon's guardrail XPack (Great!)
4. Textures Janvier XPack, PLP (Always great help!)
5. Hompe, for Diner building
6. Pangaea, for helping to solve various challenges!
7. Piddy, for BTB (Need to say how great tool this is?)
8. Neil Faichney, for skybox arrangement!
9. KittX for new beautiful skies!

Hate mail to:
jrojola(at)gmail.com

Happy driving!
Johannes Rojola

Actually, it's fine now, I modified the VEH file for the police Subaru. It seems that both cars use files called police.dds, and they conflict. Issue fixed.

What do you mean when you say there is 12kms of "special" road?

Actually, it's fine now, I modified the VEH file for the police Subaru. It seems that both cars use files called police.dds, and they conflict. Issue fixed.

What do you mean when you say there is 12kms of "special" road?

I never ran into such problem, but could it be possible that vehicle files conflict with track files? Since in Cannonball track there is file called police.dds :D If so... that is very bad programming :o

With the 12km I meant dry river bed down the valley which is drivable, together with this there is the river channel area which is also drivable. Could be called "special" because they are not roads in common sense :D

If you downloaded my earlier package without the hat file, you can dl it separately from here: http://futureman.wippiespace.com/JohnstoneCounty.hat
I'm having a similar problem to Eriwn. Yesterday I was getting the runtime error but today loading just stops. I downloaded the version that already has the HAT file, which I extracted to userdata\log\hat\. My .plr file has 'always rebuild hat' set to 0.

I can open the track in scene viewer and 3dsimed, so I suppose the objects are fine.

I'm having a similar problem to Eriwn. Yesterday I was getting the runtime error but today loading just stops. I downloaded the version that already has the HAT file, which I extracted to userdata\log\hat\. My .plr file has 'always rebuild hat' set to 0.

I can open the track in scene viewer and 3dsimed, so I suppose the objects are fine.

Did you download the new 1.1 version? It also comes with hat. If it doesn't work, then I really can't say what it could be... I also have hat rebuild set to 0.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back