Cannon Sim Pedals to Logi/Fana Wheel

Morning folks, I'm building myself a set of CST pedals over the Christmas break (well I'll be trying). Has anyone tried to connect these pedals to a Logitech or Fanatec wheel? I'm likely to pick up a Fanatec wheel so if anyone has experience of using the CST pedals on this setup I'd be interested to hear how easy/difficult it is...

Thanks
TheO

We know that Todd is trying to make a connector to be able to do this...however it would be best to wait for him to do this, and whether it can be used with DIY pedals is still a question waiting to be answered.

Upvote 0
We know that Todd is trying to make a connector to be able to do this...however it would be best to wait for him to do this, and whether it can be used with DIY pedals is still a question waiting to be answered.

Cheers Tomo, didnt know that :) Only ever seen em usb based, be a handy setup as it would save a HID device for other uses :)

Upvote 0
Hi fellas - I know that you can connect them directly to the PC using USB, which I was definitely going to do (when racing on the PC). I did however want to connect them up through the wheel to use them with GT5 on PS3 (for instance). Theoretically if I can work out what inputs the wheel takes from the pedals I should be able to work out how to drive the output from the CST pedals to mimic the pedals (especially as the Fanatec ClubSport pedals already use a load-cell)...but I was just wondering if it had been done.

Tomo - I didn't realise that Todd was attempting to make a connector...perhaps it is better to wait to see what he brings out rather than start messing around with my own kit. Having said that, I'm building the pedals anyway, so I might still take a look to see what I can work out myself.

Edit - as a side note, I think the big problem when it comes to this could be calibration of the pedals...there won't be a "nice" software interface, such as the one used on the PC, to make sure everything works correctly...

Upvote 0
Hi

Yes, sorry, I only drive on a pc (even though I own a PS3 and an XboX lol) so I tend to forget about that side of things! (must make a mental note of that hehehe). If you connect the pedals direct to the wheel on a PC the wheels 'drivers' should eneable you to fine tune the setup before you go on the PS3 by checking the operation and then making physical adjustments to pots L/Cell sensitivity till things are nice n peachy. It should then just transfer the same 'physical' setting to whatever the wheel is plugged into :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Brian - I was kind of hoping that setting them up like this on the PC would then transfer over to whatever kit I was using it on. Suppose I just have to build it and see...didn't the Field of Dreams start like that? Should be a walk in the park :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years