Cancer Research UK Support Winter Series

There are plenty of tracks on rFactor that don't have the correct L/per lap in the garage settings.

Doesn't take long to sort out. Just go on track, then note down when you have x number of litres, then how much you have at the same place next lap around. Then multiply by number of laps and maybe add a few L to be safe + for a formation lap.

The idea is not to used fixed setups. As I've already said people are welcome to use my setups if they are struggling. And fixed setups are fine if its a mod that works well with them but FSR 2012 isn't really as these cars are very precise and difficult to drive if you don't have the exact right setup which is different for every driver as well.

Just to let you know the cameraman position has been sorted.

oh come on thats just not true.
Yes with the few alien drivers there are that might be the case but for the majority of us that don't have time or enjoy doing 100's of laps to find a tenth or two, Or read a manual on setting up a car - you could easily apply a base stable setup thats suitable for the car, thats driveable for everyone - and allow certain parameters to tweak like brake bias/steering lock.

This would be a real opportunity to get everyone on a level playing field, for once, fixed setup, and its purely down to driving.

but no, denied by pretentious simracing land once again.

i was gona join this, but now its not fixed setup, no point. You'll have the same people fighting for top positions with their pro setups with teams with pro engineers, and then the rest of us. Its not interesting or competitive at all.

if i had a pro setup i'd happily share it with everyone - i dont see how winning with an advantage of a better setup makes it fun.

oh come on thats just not true.
Yes with the few alien drivers there are that might be the case but for the majority of us that don't have time or enjoy doing 100's of laps to find a tenth or two, Or read a manual on setting up a car - you could easily apply a base stable setup thats suitable for the car, thats driveable for everyone - and allow certain parameters to tweak like brake bias/steering lock.

This would be a real opportunity to get everyone on a level playing field, for once, fixed setup, and its purely down to driving.

but no, denied by pretentious simracing land once again.

i was gona join this, but now its not fixed setup, no point. You'll have the same people fighting for top positions with their pro setups with teams with pro engineers, and then the rest of us. Its not interesting or competitive at all.

if i had a pro setup i'd happily share it with everyone - i dont see how winning with an advantage of a better setup makes it fun.
Its not about the racing, Its about raising money for cancer research so what is your argument?

Its not about the racing, Its about raising money for cancer research so what is your argument?

if its not about the racing why bother then, just give the money to cancer research?
these things always amuse me, its like Children in need in UK.
People need an excuse to give money, run a marathon, sit in a bath of beans.
Why not skip all the crap and just give the money.

Ironically, the cost of hosting a show like Children in need, or even the cost of hosting these sim races, will probably negate the donation.

So for me, yes, it is about the racing. If i wanted to give money to charity, id' just give it. I dont need a reason.

But ok - you've established that you need to run this race for charity........well....why not make the racing as fun as possible? Just because its for charity, doesnt' mean you can't put effort into making it an event everyone can enjoy and compete in.
The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. So i dont see what your point is at all.

its a fun event to raise some money lets stop arguments. lets just have fun and raise some money lol ;)

guys I would like to add a cancer research logo on my cars if its possible. Its a very close thing to my heart I've lost 2 reletives one being my father last year. (people who remember my car last half of last season will know) to cancer and know the traumer it causes.

I spoke to johannes and the mod wont be done by simsync no more. But could be updated manually by dropping skins into the mod as long as someone could do it for us. I would but not sure if i will have net for a few weeks soon.

As i said, doing skins is not the problem ... so we do some generel cars with diffrent colors and Cancer Research UK logos and then do a package and upload it to mediafire or something like that?

if its not about the racing why bother then, just give the money to cancer research?
these things always amuse me, its like Children in need in UK.
People need an excuse to give money, run a marathon, sit in a bath of beans.
Why not skip all the crap and just give the money.

Ironically, the cost of hosting a show like Children in need, or even the cost of hosting these sim races, will probably negate the donation.

So for me, yes, it is about the racing. If i wanted to give money to charity, id' just give it. I dont need a reason.

But ok - you've established that you need to run this race for charity........well....why not make the racing as fun as possible? Just because its for charity, doesnt' mean you can't put effort into making it an event everyone can enjoy and compete in.
The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. So i dont see what your point is at all.

If you don't like the idea of racing for charity then don't race mate and shut up with your bloody moaning.

At least Scott is doing something nice and raising money for charity which in my opinion deserves respect.

If you don't like the idea of racing for charity then don't race mate and shut up with your bloody moaning.

At least Scott is doing something nice and raising money for charity which in my opinion deserves respect.

well you clearly did not understand what i said, did you.

'if you dont like the idea of racing for charity'

please specify where ive expressed that i dont like the idea of racing for charity?
My primary criticism was the format for this racing was that it was not fixed setup, thereby making it less competitive. It is arguably less competitive if everyone is not on a level playing field, and setup does make a big difference, in any simracing game.
So it would make sense, especially for this 'fun' type of event, for everyone to be on fixed setup, and for the focus to be on the laps and racing, rather than on spending hours making a setup. For the people who are skilled at making setups, this automatically puts other people at a disadvantage.

Jackson Wendt then came back to me with a comment that made Zero sense.
I explained why it makes zero sense RE my 2nd post.

He said 'its not about the racing its about raising money for cancer'. Well.......it clearly is about the racing, because we are racing as part of this raising money. If it wasn't about the racing, we'd just give the money straight to the cancer research, and bypass the racing.

But we are racing. So it is about the racing. So why not make the racing as good as possible. Making it as good as possible would mean making it fixed setup, for the reasons ive outlined above.

At no point have i expressed anything which suggests that i dont like the idea of racing for charity. Im not moaning either, i was suggesting why it would be better with fixed setup, and gave reasons.
You're the one thats moaning, telling me to shutup.

Just because we're 'racing for charity' does not then mean the racing doesnt have to be as good as possible. Your response is just emotional crap and has got nothing to do with my posts.
I dont care at all if someones doing something nice and therefore deserves respect, whats your point?

Im making the case for why the racing should be fixed setup. That is all. That is the only point im highlighting and argueing about.

well you clearly did not understand what i said, did you.
Jackson Wendt then came back to me with a comment that made Zero sense.
I explained why it makes zero sense RE my 2nd post.

He said 'its not about the racing its about raising money for cancer'. Well.......it clearly is about the racing, because we are racing as part of this raising money. If it wasn't about the racing, we'd just give the money straight to the cancer research, and bypass the racing.

You also said Mo in your first post "Yes with the few alien drivers there are that might be the case but for the majority of us that don't have time or enjoy doing 100's of laps to find a tenth or two,"

I am sure that quite a few people in the field of drivers in FSR can't drive properly with a standard overall set up tuned for someone else.. YOU can't just go and make a general statement like that as I and i'm sure that a few others at least, can't drive with a set up that they don't like. Now explain to me why people can't give it their best shot to win by making a tune that they like and can drive in other wise what is the point of racing? there will be 10 people that can drive around a track and the rest are slipping off and spinning out! This would make for even worse racing than what you are describing in your previous posts.. and just because you have issues with people getting away from you in races and so on doesn't give you a right to criticise good people in this league who are trying to make a real world application from what we love to do online!

So keep your negative comments to yourself! say your opinion on the matter and leave it like that!

You also said Mo in your first post "Yes with the few alien drivers there are that might be the case but for the majority of us that don't have time or enjoy doing 100's of laps to find a tenth or two,"

I am sure that quite a few people in the field of drivers in FSR can't drive properly with a standard overall set up tuned for someone else.. YOU can't just go and make a general statement like that as I and i'm sure that a few others at least, can't drive with a set up that they don't like. Now explain to me why people can't give it their best shot to win by making a tune that they like and can drive in other wise what is the point of racing? there will be 10 people that can drive around a track and the rest are slipping off and spinning out! This would make for even worse racing than what you are describing in your previous posts.. and just because you have issues with people getting away from you in races and so on doesn't give you a right to criticise good people in this league who are trying to make a real world application from what we love to do online!

So keep your negative comments to yourself! say your opinion on the matter and leave it like that!

Im sure if the fastest drivers in WC gave their setup to everyone, things would be a hell of a lot closer and tighter, Guaranteed.
IF you think setups can only be tuned to individuals and that a driver wouldnt necessarily go faster with a pro setup from WC, you are deluding yourself.

The 'tuning' element of a setup to tailor to someones individual style, in a sim game, is absolutely minimal. I guarantee if you took the top setups from the top 5 teams in WC and compared them, there would be hardly any difference, they would all have very very similar parameters. THey tune them to the specific game, to what rfactor demands, not the driver, unless you're looking for literally 1 tenth or half a tenth.

you underestimate just how much of a difference setup makes.

Also, im not criticising anyone in the league lol - youre argueing about things which im not even bringing up. What are you on about? At the moment youre literally argueing with yourself.

I dont have any issues with people getting away from me in the proper FSR championship races, because drivers are entered in a team, and part of the team is being able to create a setup (although i still think its a BS element, this whole notion of pretending its real and therefore needing to engineer setups is complete bollox)

but this is meant to be a 'fun' winter series, a non commitment, jump in and play winter series with some fun races which dont count towards anything. Im talking specifically about this, and making it fixed setup.

Again its like you dont have the ability to read what im saying and then coherently respond to it in a rational manner.

'Now explain to me why people can't give it their best shot to win by making a tune that they like and can drive in other wise what is the point of racing?'

I dont even understand this sentence. Is english your first language? if not then i apologise.
There is absolutely NO WAY that if you gave everyone competing in this event, a decent stable setup that a Pro would use, that half the field would be slipping out because 'it doesnt suit them'. Total nonsense.

Also, if setups are so tuned to the individual driver, then what is the harm in the pro's sharing all their setups with us?
But would they? Of course not.

Also my comments are not negative in any way. I am evaluating what people are saying, and giving my opinion, with an explained reason. If you want to view it on this scale of negative/positive then that is your problem.

or join the real world, grow up, and have a discussion. Dont take it emotionally if someone is not agreeing with you on something.

Yeah 40-70 laps is enough for me if it is fixed setups (200 and i am pretty close to my limit).
500 if i want to create a proper setup for a fsr race by myselfv or even more.
So fixed setup and i would join.

Mo I would ask that you respect the other drivers. That last post bordered on disrespectful with your comment about english language. This is a charity event so I doubt people will be putting 100s of laps in anyway as its the winter break so your comment is irrelevant. Also if you think that just by having the right setup there would only be a difference of one tenth or half a tenth then you are sadly mistaken. Sorry harsh reality check. I am offering my setups as I said and I'm sure others will do the same as this does not involve prize money or anything. You can tune a setup to yourself actually because I achieved at Abu Dhabi very similar times to a teammate with completely different setups. Ask him if you want.

This is a charity event and as such the chances of drivers doing 100s of laps like they do for the main series are very very small. Plus there will only be 1 week gaps between some of the races so that opportunity wont be there anyway.

Fixed setups will not be happening so this argument ends now and I want no more bickering. Neither of you are giving good publicity for this event.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%