Canapino to drive for Chevrolet

Agustín Canapino will drive for the Chevrolet Elaion team next season, replacing Guillermo Ortelli.
Canapino will drive full time in the TC 2000 championship in 2011, after winning the Turismo Carretera championship this year, also for Chevrolet.

Canapino paired up with Facundo Ardusso at the Buenos Aires 200km, finishing in second place in a Toyota Corolla.

"I am proud to be part of the official Chevrolet team," said Canapino.

"It's a big responsibility for me, but I have the backing of a great team. We'll work for 2011 to be a great year, the goal is to fight until the end to get good results."

Canapino replaces Guillermo Ortelli, who is joining the Renault Lo-Jack team next year.

About time he drove for a good manufacture :tongue:

Who wouldnt be at least bit upset when someone they ''dont like'' gets to do cool stuff? :tongue:
anyway good to see simracers doing well on real racing too, Good luck Agustin

About time he drove for a good manufacture :tongue:

Simon, Agustin is joining the official Chevrolet team as a full-time TC2000 driver, but he has been already driving Chevrolet's in Turismo Carretera, our top racing division, where he became the youngest-ever champion 3 weeks ago. :) He's also leading the championship with 5 wins in TopRace V6, where he drives a Mercedes. What he has achieved being 20-years old is absolutely incredible.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%