1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Canadian National Week!

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Jul 6, 2010.

1. CanadianFlag.jpg

Our continuing series of National Weeks brings us to Canada! Our neighbor to the north has a history of fantastic tracks and world class drivers!

cat_hockey.jpg It's not just Hockey up there 'eh?

While Canada does not produce automobiles en masse it is hardly short on racing! Tracks like Mont Tremblant, Mosport and Montreal GP are just a sampling. The passion is obvious and well stated with a european influence.
    logo-circuit-mt_240.jpg mosport-international-raceway-logo.jpg gilles_villeneuve.jpg

Drivers Gilles and Jaques Villeneuve both racing in F1 immediately come to mind. Ron Fellows also carries on the proud driver tradition by being one of the best Sports Car pilots in the world with numerous wins in all types of cars!

gilles_villeneuve.jpg jacques-villeneuve.jpg fellows1.jpg

So grab yourself a Molson Ale. Toss some maple syrup on your waffles and join us this week as we celebrate all Canada has to offer the world of motorsports!

molson.jpg maple syrup.jpg

See you out on track 'eh?

Sunday July 10th Saleen Mustang SE @ Road One

Monday July 11th GT Sport @ Mosport '09

Tuesday July 12th F1 @ Rattlesnake Point

Wednesday July 13th Mini @ Edmonton Airport

Thursday july 14th Formula BMW @ Westwood Park

Friday July 15th WTCC @ Trois Rivieres

Saturday July 16th @ Porsche Supercup @ Road One

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Eric just an FYI, Gilles Villeneuve never won the world championship in F1. His best result in the championship is a second place in 1979 http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Villeneuve :wink:

another FYI Montreal is a convertion of the rFactor track ( default ingame ) thus it makes it illegal to use here at RD, as for the Trois-Rivieres track i would run test cause i know that there is some bug with it offline.

one track you forgot its Shannonville http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=26144 and from my research it seems to be a scratch build track so ok to be use here at RD.

you also forgot Rattlesnake park which i would use for the Caterham rather then Mont-Tremblant ( better combo ) and there is also Road one International that you forgot.

just my 2 cents :wink:

3. OMG I never knew they had Shannonville created....this track ive raced at every year since 1995 for the Canadian Grand Nationals, or the hunt for the Soapstone bear that is the trophy for the winner.

Please use shannonville if possible!!!

4. I am trying to use "real tracks" if possible. Shannonville is in the mix but so flat and featurless it seems a little difficult in game to race from testing.

Tested Trois Rivieres and it worked ok best I can tell.....

5. I thought Road One was fictional US track. *shrug*

6. Fictional Canadien

7. Updated the schedule for the Tuesday and Thursday events. Changes to Saturdays track selection are still pending.

8. Keith, I'll consider Shannonville for Saturdays event, if I can find it.

9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

10. Whee!! Just tried the Stangs at RoadOne. Perfect match - will be an awesome race.

11. Oh yeah buddy get your growl on!!!!

12. FYI Eric, you are spelling 'Canadian' wrong.

'Canadien' is the French spelling - when used in English it refers specifically to French Canadians (eg. the name of Montreal's hockey team).

13. LOL oh boy! BEing form the NOrtheast USA it just seemed ok.

I'll COrrect it asap!

14. Way a head of you. :p

15. LOL yeah when I sign in and check it it's already done.

And I am thinking, Whats the big deal? It is spelled CANADIAN right in the thread title! YOur too quick man........