Canadian Grand Prix - Driver of the Day VOTE NOW!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Canadian Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Vote for your 'Driver of the Day' for the 2017 Canadian Grand Prix!

The Canadian Grand Prix has been won by Lewis Hamilton today, with teammate Bottas making it a first 2017 Mercedes 1 - 2 of the year, Daniel Ricciardo picking up a solid podium, Vettel fighting back from the rear of the field to fourth and Lance Stroll scoring his first career points at home, but who do you think deserves the 'driver of the day' award?

Its a tough call to make, so think long and hard and choose wisely...

Driver of the day - Dovizioso. Just kidding... :geek:
Ocon. He should take that sad case Perez out. If the situation was opposite Perez will scream more than Vettel in Mexico calling for team orders.
He reminds me of Verstappen actually... team orders are amazing thing ...when they favor me. :thumbsup:
What a great lifestyle.
Verstappen has once again his trade mark too optimistic start after which he blames other for not leave him:laugh: enough space, Vettel... he wasn't exactly on a level he knows to be, so yes ...Ocon. Stroll was amazingly for the first time this year good, although he profit from many DNF's.
Loser of the day - Sainz.

Last edited:
I really had not given Ocon much credit until today, but he looked very impressive. Like a lot of people, I have an affinity for Perez as the "pay driver that actually looks like he somewhat belongs out there", but that was obnoxious of him not to let Ocon have a go at Ricciardo.

Ultimately, I have to give my vote for Vettel. That was a very aggressive recovery drive he put together today - well done!

Honda should give enough money to buy Mercedes PU to Mclaren, and get out from F1 right now.
They mess up 2 great drivers in F1 history, and are destroying talented rookie driver.

Nothing is going better since 2015.
I'm very disappointed.

Bravo Perez!! I have TOTAL respect for a driver that clash head on with those ridiculous team orders. FFS, the guys are fighting on track, no pit stops left to do to anyone, not a win on the table, let them race! This thing "let him pass and if this happens he let you past again...bla bla bla"....this is pure speculation, and can backfire to the "kind" driver badly. Want the position? take it fair and square. F1 became a game of pussys. Nobody wants to REALLY RACE the bloddy thing.

LOL, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't even notice you were off topic! I think the "Honda sucks" noise is just a constant, comforting background hum for me at this point! :D
How things going these days... saying that Honda is horrible this season would be perfectly appropriate to every single thread here. So no need to appologize at all. :geek:
...F1 became a game of pussys. Nobody wants to REALLY RACE the bloddy thing.
MOD question: How does my word "*rick" (yes, it was without actual "P" but with a star * !) enough for your censoring and this... "game of pussys" isn't ?!? It really puzzles me. Are we talking about the same "pussys" here ? It's not "game of thrones" for God's sake, it's "game of pussys". Not to mention that "pussys" are misspelled. Or was it on purpose ? In that case it would be such a smart move. But I believe it isn't. :D
And to answer these Perez fan-boy...
I have absolutely nothing against team orders, I just say - if drivers don't agree to one when they are ahead, then they should not ask for it when they are behind. As simple as that. I hope you can understand. And 90% of them are not imune to this illness. One of the most famous cases are Vettel - Webber - Malaysia. Or Massa - Alonso - (was it?)Germany. If you're old enough to remember... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
let them race!
Well they raced. And got a 5-6 finish instead of a 3-6 finish. Cringe.

Want the position? take it fair and square.
He would've done it on the final lap but Perez turned in on him. He's lucky not to have a penalty.

F1 became a game of pussys. Nobody wants to REALLY RACE the bloddy thing.
You just sound like someone who would never ever do well in a team situation.

Alonso, because he joined the spectators after DNF, gave away his gloves and let himself be celebrated. Something has changed with Alonso since he took part in the Indy 500. My bet, he is going to be Indycar full time in 2018.

Bravo Perez!! I have TOTAL respect for a driver that clash head on with those ridiculous team orders. FFS, the guys are fighting on track, no pit stops left to do to anyone, not a win on the table, let them race! This thing "let him pass and if this happens he let you past again...bla bla bla"....this is pure speculation, and can backfire to the "kind" driver badly. Want the position? take it fair and square. F1 became a game of pussys. Nobody wants to REALLY RACE the bloddy thing.

They could be on the podium or get away from vettel and save a P4 and P6, which is better than a P4 P6 for the team. Perez wants to shine to get a better seat next year, but...Monaco was not the way and today showed no teamwork at all. Bad. And the team told him they would give position back if ocon did not overtake ricciardo. No reasons for doing what Perez did.

Perez would feel pretty bad in give the position to Ocon, then Ocon dont overtake Ricciardo....Vettel overtakes Perez...and he ends up P6...with Ocon P4 never returning the so called favour.

Pure speculation what could have been.
In all cases, Perez would be the only one with the worst deal.

With "if" you put Paris into a bottle.

What Perez did was ok if Ocon did not waste laps waiting for team orders to be executed; otherwise it's cheap. I don't know if FI was clear on the radio with both drivers.

Hamilton, considering what he achieved here is pretty amazing. Tied with Senna, and a handful away from der Kaiser. I'm a Ferrari fanboi, but I respect and admire the type of drives Hamilton puts together, the man is very talented and deserves the praise. I hope he surpasses Michael and continues to put on a show for us in the sport.

Verstappen, Vettel and Ocon honorable mentions.

Pretty amazing race.

PS. is anyone waiting for the McLaren - Honda Implosion that's literally about to happen anytime now. For the 2389259282 time, Alonso deserves a championship winning car, Hamilton Vettel and Co. would not be enjoying themselves as much with this guy within a whisper of them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%