F1 2012 Can You Restore a Save Game?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I have a corrupted savegame now. I was using GSM to make backups, but the game does not recognize any of the samegames I load. Is there a file or something I can do to restore it?

You can try this, no guarantees .....

Disable the Steam Cloud for the game.

Start the game and create a new profile, using the same name as your old one.

Close the game

Use GSM to restore the backup profile.

If you are lucky, it will work, if not then you are essentially screwed ...

I had Steam Cloud disabled for this game already, but restoring my game that way seemed to have worked. Teaches me from messing around with the save file.

Thank you, saved me from raging around the room.

You can try this, no guarantees .....

Disable the Steam Cloud for the game.

Start the game and create a new profile, using the same name as your old one.

Close the game

Use GSM to restore the backup profile.

If you are lucky, it will work, if not then you are essentially screwed ...

I also disabled steam cloud. What does GSM mean?
BTW: i always put these files on my USB stick: Go to C:/Program files(x86)/Steam/Userdata/personel steam number/208500 and copy those 3 files in it 1.Local map. 2.Remote map and 3.remotecache.vdf

So when a new update comes you proberly get savegame corrupt i replace the savegame files on USB

Or am i'm doing it wrong?? please tell me please i don't wanna do a full season again
Crapmaster Y U NO WORK

images

GSM = Game Save Manager. It's a great piece of free software that backs up the configs and settings of many games, including F1 2012. It's also has a Steam Spreader function that allows you to move Steam games (or any other game) to a different drive, without moving Steam or re-installing. It is done with symbolic links.

So my most commonly played games, such as F1 2012 and BF3 are normally on a large gaming drive, but I have used the software to move these games (and others) to one of my SSD drives.

You are not doing anything wrong by backing up those files/folders to a USB stick. GSM is essentially doing the same thing, but for many games at the same time, and will scan your system to find what games you have installed, and you can select what game configs you want to backup. You can use it to backup the a USB stick if you wanted, or any cloud storage you have such as Skydrive or Dropbox.

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

can someone confirm that gsm works for restoring corrupt save files. haven't managed to finish a season yet. it's so incredibly annoying. first corrupt save was at suzuka and yesterday with another career it happened at the texas mark.

I have had no reason to actually use any of my backups.

There is is no reason why it shouldn't work, after all it's only copying your gaming profile files to another place and compressing them into an archive. When you restore it's just putting them back in the original place.

A backup is only good if you make multiple ones, not overwriting your previous backup. I do automatic daily backups, so the most I will ever lose is one day's play.

Switch off Steam Cloud for the game, it just makes restoring backups more of a pain.

Any problems with restoring a backup or if you need more info, have a look at my sticky post here :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ntrollers-recommendations.73877/#post-1510267

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%