1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can you remove the headrests/supports

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by museumsteve, Mar 18, 2013.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

Not even sure what they're called :D but can you remove the side head supports/restraints?
    It's great on triplescreen but I'd like a good view of inside the cab but at 35-45 FOV I move seat back a bit and cant really see either side. Lots of effort gone into the cab interiors so would be a shame to ignore it :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

They are supposed to be present, so I do not believe you can turn them on or off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hello.
    I also have the same problem and would like ask for the development team's support.

I usually play GSC and Formula Truck series with large single monitor.
    And personally, I always edit ".cam" files and change the camera position.
    In my case, lower the "Fov" value and move the camera position backward so that I can get a wider view.
    And there has been no problem in GSC series because there is enough space between the dashboard and the seat in GSC.

On the other hand, in Formula Truck, the seat position seems to be close to the dashboard and the headrest/support of the seat obstructs the field of view (like the following pic).

[​IMG]

So, if it is possible to separate the "Cockpit Seat" as the individual material and disable it by editing ".gen" files as follows, it would be a great help for Steve and me (and hopefully for other players too).

Instance=COCKPIT
    {
    // ( Cockpit Seat .gmt)
    }

I'm sorry. in other ISI based sims we can edit it by ourselves. But in Formula Truck, most files are encrypted and we need development team's support.
    Thank you :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

Yeah - wot he said :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Very unlikely this will be changed for the initial release. I'll add it to the list of things to look into for a later update, though. For now... don't change stuff so much from default :p

I hear what you're saying but it's actually quite a sizeable change (at this stage) due to the number of cockpit variants.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks for your kind reply, nickovey.
    I know the game is still open beta version and there are so many things to do of higher priority.
    Currently this is not what will cause a big problem in usual gameplay.
    So, I'm glad if this would be changed after other major issues are solved.
    I really appreciate Reiza Studios development team for listening to our requests and suggestions.
    Thank you very much for your sincere support as always :) !

7. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

If it's part of the seat (which I guess it is) cant we change the seat to invisible :whistling:

8. An easier way might be to effectively put together an unofficial mod that removes the seat when you install it (without any fiddling on your end, and it'd be easier for us). As I said, I'll look into it :)

Steve - it is part of the seat but the only part of the cockpit that uses transparency is the windshield/glass, so it can't simply be made invisble. The seats are part of the cockpit detail meshes which means they'll have to be removed from each mesh manually. It's not a difficult thing to do but we've so many different cockpits that the time adds up :p

• Like Like x 2
  9. mmm, just a moment, if real drivers see it, leave it in peace :confused:

10. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

It's more a case of a real driver can move his head and look around, in FT obviously you cannot move your head as it's fixed in the seat. When using 3 screens it would be nice to enjoy the cool cockpits :)

11. I dont know why you guys are worried with the seat when you have a fire extinguiser at your head...lol...

• Like Like x 1
  12. coudn't you use trackIR and save the realism of cabin?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for your kind reply, nickovey, It is a great help for us.
    I really appreciate your kindness and thanks again for your time too :)

14. ...or you can use Iveco ;)

[​IMG]