1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you mod F1 2011? I need your help to solve a controller bug

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Sk3ptik0n, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I have a G25 with separate inverted pedals, bodnar cable and load cell brake.

In F1 2011, not always, but about once in 3 times I play, my controller triggers the pause button.

I have tested it every which way and it seems to be triggered only when the wheel is turned or the brakes applied. However, not reliably so. I'll do 3 turns and then get the pause, or I'll brake several times then I hit the brakes again and here goes the pause screen.

The reason I wanted to get help from someone familiar with f1 2011 modding is this: there is no way that I am going to ditch my rig for this game. I like to play it, but not enough to spend $300 for a new wheel and pedals (I should be so lucky)

Not am I going to trace every wire to see if there is a false contact somewhere. It's just too much work.

But what I would like to do is find a way to deactivate the "pause" command except if triggered by a specific key.

Right now, F1 2011 triggers the pause if one presses any number of keys (esc, the controller mappable option, alt-tab, etc.)

That has to be someplace in the files. Basically, CM has built this game assuming that if it lost focus you don't want it to continue playing or that if you press other keys the game should pause and wait for you.

Maybe, just maybe, that can be deactivated. I don;t know and I am hoping that someone that has looked at the XMLfiles in depth may be able to tell me.

The other option would be for me to try to find a program that outputs my controller's values to see if the axes are maybe triggering some other key by mistake. That way my research on the controller could be a bit more focus.

FYI while I am driving and this issue is present, often I can see the black pause screen appear for maybe a frame and disappear without stopping the game. That tells me that maybe this spurious input at that time was triggered too briefly to really register.

Anyway, if you think you can help with advice, I am all ears. Thank you.