• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Can you hot plug/unplug on a BU0836?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Nigel Atkins, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61
    At the moment i only have a pot connected via 4 pin mini din, but planning on a button box and sequencial shifter. so will be ending up with at least 3 sockets, now can i plug and unplug the leads while the board is still connected to the usb?

another reason i ask is i have a 4 pin mini din socket on my handbrake and i could accidently unplug that and am thinking of getting a lockable type socket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61
    no one?

looks like i`ll have to ask on No-grip again :tongue:

3. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +314
    Sorry Nigel :p

Been a tad busy lately! I have never tried tbh, but I think it probably will for buttons, encoders may well too if the util prog has been run, but pots/H/E sensors / LC's I doubt...... Also you might hurt the unit...... but I doubt it :)

4. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61
    Thx Brian, i think i`ll play safe and besure to disconect the USB and get a lockable din socket for my handbrake :D