1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we expect some news about GTR 3 now?

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Mikel Tapl, Jun 24, 2011.

1. So the retro pack got released (the last simbin expansion pack for race 07) so I hope we can fianlly expect some news about GTR 3 ..
  2. After the S2U fiasco, I no longer give a damn about GFX as far as parting with my money, ie no game will ever get my money if they're half assed nonsense like F1 2010 or S2U.
    At least from my POV, GTR3 with new cars and tracks+continuing dedicated servers trumps any shiny POS from codeLOLmasters or SMS.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Don't think that the companies you mentioned are really upset if you dont bring them the money David :) They sell millions of copies anyways :)

A race game with excellent physics only unfortunately doesn't sell to make a proper living. Scaling up the gfx in GTR3 is a good thing imo.
  4. I don't think Shift 2 sold that well, it was trying to sit on two chairs at once and F1 2011 will probably not sell as well as F1 2010. I know I won't be buying it after the random grip physics and mentally unstable AI of the previous one. Looks like Forza is not going to get better either. I'll be playing Race Pro for a long time, sigh/ahah.

Nothing about GTR 3 at e3, then? I'd love some news too.
  5. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

The fact that there was no news about GTR3 at E3 makes me (sadly) feel that it won't be released until late 2012 :(
  6. Bram

Did a check on VGChartz here and indeed for a NFS game the numbers aren't as high as with the first part
  7. The NFS fans are playing Hot Pursuit and the Track guys weren't fooled by the marketing when they saw that all the GT cars were sliding all over the place in the trailers. Game companies buy graphics engines all the time, why can't they do the same for physics instead of making these half-assed efforts?
  8. If the delay means they're trying to find Xbox programmers for a future release, I don't mind waiting. :o/

*Although they might just be waiting for a certain GT1 license to become available again? :)
  9. Never said it wasn't, I said/implied that GFX are LAST on my priority for racing games{I don't buy driving games}......so F1 2011 and S3 can kiss my ass unless they cater to what I want, which of course could be done, whilst also catering to casual gamers, but I'm not going to be supporting casual games masquerading as sims anymore.

Have you driven the 1970 Camaro from the Retro pack for Race07....?....that's what I'm talking about.
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

I can wait until next year

Ever since the retro pack came out on RacePro on the xbox 360 game console, i was hopeing i would be released on the pc it took its time but it was worth it.:doublethumb:

I assume now its full speed ahead at SimBin HQ with Gtr3, But i think Rfactor 2 will be our first treat followed by GTR3 (happy:) days are comming)
  11. HUmmm, my experience suggests that once a developer stops hyping a planned release of something, it usually means the planned release doesn't exist any more. I could be wrong, but how many games have you seen released where it took everyone by surprise because the developer kept it quiet?

Could just be on a back burner somewhere I suppose, but even if/when Simbin starts talking about it again, it will still be a good year or more out. I just think no talk = no work on the project.
  12. Bram

The only news i see coming from them recently is that they are recruiting developers but the job vacancies still exist on their site.

Lets hope it still comes this year.
  13. I am able to wait longer for better results... just dont hurry, we know how it ends usually :)
  14. Would be great to see the gtr series with some slightly uprated graphics. I mean the existing graphics have always looked good but when you look at the 360 or ps3 graphics or a high end pc you start to feel a little outdated
  15. I honestly couldn't care less about graphics 'cause otherwise I'd need a new PC! I guess I need to upgrade my Laptop anyway for rFactor 2 :(
  16. Bram

The people with a great gaming PC disagree with you :)

17. I think that's where simbin is different than the rest of the software companies. They don't throw much hype out there. I think when they are a month away from release then you will start to hear some hype. Simbin employees have stated in the race room forum that they ARE working on the project.
  18. Bram

Would have been a big suprise if they would've stated they weren't :)

Few more months to go as 2012 is near.
  19. I hope they release this year but I do have my doubts. That's o.k though as I do believe rF2 will be released this year.
  20. I think it's pretty weird they keep adidng stories about employees to their FB, but no info on GTR3 whatsoever.