Can I withdraw after I did a time trial?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I am currently trying to improve my ratings a bit with some time trials. I need to do five clean laps in thirty minute session.

However those five laps are completed very quickly. Do I need to sit and wait until the session ends or can I just withdraw. Will the scores still be counted if I do so?

You can withdraw but don't just do those 5 laps and exit, you'll get more SR by doing more than the required number, its more than worth your while to stay and use up the time you're given doing clean laps and collect as much SR as possible.

Kevin is right you can exit at anytime but that is not really doing anything for you, my guess is that you would get no SR points for 5 laps in a TT. I remember reading somewhere that TT laps count for only 1/4 of what they would be worth in a race.

On road you'll get a decent amount of SR for TT, maybe something like 0.05, you'll get a boost if you better your fastest lap from a previous session and your fastest average time. But if they ask for 5 laps, and you do say, 15 (without stopping) you'll get yourself a little bit more SR.

The TT itself - that is, the x lap average time you end up with - is one thing, gaining SR is another.

In order to get a TT result, you need to complete the specified number of laps; you can either quit and withdraw if you're happy with your time (in terms of TT champ position/ttrating etc), or you can continue and try to improve it.

The SR counts each time you take a corner in any official non-practice session, so in order to gain SR in a TT, join a session and pound around until it ends. Note that in these sessions you're only getting SR at a 0.35 multiplier compared to a race, so while it's useful for getting from e.g. 3.98 to >4, you're better off simply doing clean races. Inevitably that doesn't always happen that smoothly, but if you're a safe enough driver you'll cancel out the dips along the way naturally.

One other thing to bear in mind is that when you're the only one in a TT and you withdraw, that session closes on the server, committing your result. If you're not the only one in there, you'll have to wait for the other person to quit as well before you can see your result and new SR.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%