1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can i upload .vcr files to YouTube?

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Gerry Kalynuik, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Hey all

I'm trying to upload some of my hotlap replays to YouTube.
    But when I try it says does not support VCR files. :confused2:
    Is there a software program I can use to convert my replay files & put then on YouTube?
    THX
    :fwd2:

2. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

You can use Fraps to capture the replay Gerry

3. Thx Tim :)

4. Please let me know how you downsampled the video file after capturing with fraps :D This has been on my mind for years lol

5. You mean how to compress the vid? Eg by Divx-codec etc? Normally in your video-editor you should have an option to export and in the export-options you can choose ho to compress. Which software are you using?

6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Short answer is no. vcr files are the files that tell the game rendering engine how to display the replay, they are not a visual replay in and of themselves.

That's why you have to capture in Fraps from the game replay, and then process it from there.

Microsoft Movie Maker will work, I suspect - and it comes bundled in XP I believe. Beyond that, do a free movie editing software search, and pick your favourite.

7. I use Windows Movie maker to compress the AVI file from Fraps. This way the file are small enough to upload on YouTube.

Hey I made a Donation last night. Where's my donator Heart? :(

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

It will show up Gerry, but it's not a completely automated system, and the manual bits can take a few days depending on people's schedule.

9. No problem Stuart. I'm glad to help out such a great gaming Website.
    I love the new tracks that people make for GT Legends.

Don't Hesitate......Donate! :)