Can I sell my R3E account?

This might be a tough read for some but, i want to know if i can sell my account?

I've already gone to my steam account page and clicked "remove" on "licenses + subscriptions" i also have dtm experience 2013 on dlc page but i can't remove that and i don't care if i lose it really. Sector3 guys, is it possible? I know the next owner won't have access to dtm 2013.

ps. the list of reasons is rather long and "nitpicky" so i wouldn't like to bore you with it.

edit: soo, i've removed the r3e from my account on my steam account page, deleted my folder at /documents/simbin/raceroom racing experience, ran ccleaner, rebooted my pc but my account is still in game and there's no sign-out button... Well?

Last edited:
If you post a specific question please add a proper question in the title bar of a thread and not just "Departure :)".

Edited it for you as I understood you wish to sell your R3E account?

Ah thank you. I thought putting "sell" would make me seem aggressive. Yes i want to sell it. Will calculate total worth of my content and sell it for exactly half price if someone wants to buy it.

I will be closely watching the progress of this game and will jump back in when it finally completely meets my needs. Already created my second account :)

You want to sell it now... to buy it later? :cautious:

I will sell it, will watch the progress and will get back to the game(with my new account) whenever i feel like it's good enough. Right now, it's missing some stuff for me and this is more about selling my content for very cheap. So someone who wants to get into the game but finds the entry price high, can play it.

I just reread the eula..................................coughs

3. RESTRICTIONS
All rights not expressly granted hereunder are, to the extent permitted by law, reserved to RaceRoom. Your rights of use under this EULA are strictly conditional upon your observance of the terms and conditions contained in the EULA.

Except as otherwise permitted explicitly in this EULA, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, attempt to derive source code, modify, disassemble, decompile, create derivative works based on, or remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Product without the prior written consent of RaceRoom.

You are not entitled to: (a) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Product to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or licence the Product to others; (b) host or provide matchmaking services for the Product or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by RaceRoom in any network feature of components to the Product, (c) use any utility program or any other techniques not known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to network play over the Internet or other private or public networks, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation network; (d) hack or attempt to hack any of RaceRooms or third parties servers used in providing the Product or features thereof, or to attempt to crack or otherwise bypass any security systems RaceRoom may have in place to protect the Product or its servers, or (e) exploit the Product or any of its parts for any commercial purpose.

blah blah blah ...

Andi

I just reread the eula..................................coughs

3. RESTRICTIONS
All rights not expressly granted hereunder are, to the extent permitted by law, reserved to RaceRoom. Your rights of use under this EULA are strictly conditional upon your observance of the terms and conditions contained in the EULA.

Except as otherwise permitted explicitly in this EULA, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, attempt to derive source code, modify, disassemble, decompile, create derivative works based on, or remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Product without the prior written consent of RaceRoom.

You are not entitled to: (a) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Product to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or licence the Product to others; (b) host or provide matchmaking services for the Product or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by RaceRoom in any network feature of components to the Product, (c) use any utility program or any other techniques not known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to network play over the Internet or other private or public networks, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation network; (d) hack or attempt to hack any of RaceRooms or third parties servers used in providing the Product or features thereof, or to attempt to crack or otherwise bypass any security systems RaceRoom may have in place to protect the Product or its servers, or (e) exploit the Product or any of its parts for any commercial purpose.

blah blah blah ...

Andi

I always read agreements :) I was just waiting for an official response in layman's terms.

an eula is a legal official source , it has it in there ; not sure any dev or s3e employee would answer as one ; its in the eula and 2 none of them are from a legal background

my advice ... read the eula then re read it

i marked the answer in red

Andi

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years