Can I race any content in a public hosted session?

Ok i have done lots of research since buying iRacing a few days ago but i am still unsure of something. If i race here with RD can i race anything as its a private server or am i still restricted to noob content?. If i have the track and the car even though its higher level than me can i use it here?

There seems to be little info on this and what i have read is confusing.
I am going to follow advice given me before from you good guys here and try to get my rating up over the weekend as fast as i can to 4.0. I guess ill just sign into everything i can and race as clean as possible and see what happens. With reguards to that if i get the 4 rating do i automaticaly get put up a licence?

ok not had this before but i cannot get the pit limiter off on any d class car. i configured to my g25 stick s hift button no good, then space bar no good. no matter where i put it i cannot turn it off. Any ideas?

If the car has pitlimiter IRL, it has it in iRacing.

I think only these few cars have it:

Chevy Corvette C6R
Dallara Indycar
Ford Falcon FG01 V8
Radical SR8
Riley Daytona Prototype
Williams F1

Ford GT and HPD ARX 01c will definitely have it too

Well this issue seems to have righted itself. I checked and the cars i was trying did not have a limiter but the way it was it was like they did. Did not matter what gear i was in i was getting around 70mph ish and that was it. Logged in real quick the other day and tried again and it was all ok. Must have been some bug due to just going up in licence i guess.

Have not had time to play last couple of days but it does seem to have cleared itself so i hopw all will be well at weekend when i have some time again.

The promotion thing confuses alot of people, include me when I first got iRacing. If you look at the cars list you'll see the Rookie, D, C, B , and A cars. Once you get to an SR rating of 4.0 say in the rookie class you will get promoted to D. Now from that point on you will have to race, or run a time trial 4 times to move to a C class car. So an example would be say you ran the MX5 up to a D license and you now have a D 4.0 or higher. You will not be promoted to a C license until you have raced or run time trials 4 times in a D class car such as the Skippy. You will be able to run the C class cars with a D 4.0 or higher, you however will not be promoted any further until you have run those 4 races or time trials in the D class car.

I hope that makes sense.

What does it mean to run a successful time trial?
Also, I can't just get last spot and get promoted right?

A successful time trial is one where you have completed enough consecutive incident-free laps to record a time. The number of laps varies per track (typically 10 for ovals, 4 or 5 for road courses) and is shown in the F1 black-box.

Promotion does not depend on finishing position or iRating in any way. You can run every race in last place: as long as you do it safely enough, you can get promoted.

A successful time trial is one where you have completed enough consecutive incident-free laps to record a time. The number of laps varies per track (typically 10 for ovals, 4 or 5 for road courses) and is shown in the F1 black-box.

Promotion does not depend on finishing position or iRating in any way. You can run every race in last place: as long as you do it safely enough, you can get promoted.

But that's...
I don't know, crazy?
I can just let everybody run by me race by race getting to A-license?

But that's...
I don't know, crazy?
I can just let everybody run by me race by race getting to A-license?
Effectively yes, as the SR is a safety rating and is based more more on clean/safe driving.

I guess the iRating more reflects your ability. So even if at A license, if your iRating is on the low side, you will be placed on grids with a lower strength of field than those with higher iRatings.

oh, i thought you ment on class. well, its likethis
SR (Safety Rating) - gained by the number of turns passed per incident. the higher number of turns per incident (TPI) the thigher SR.
Cars are devided in groups (classes) by its speed mostly. so fastest cars means less time to react, means if your having problems in lower classes with your Sr you'll have even bigger problems in higher classes, so your not gaining any classes (to drive faster cars)

iR (iRating) - its gained by "winning" races, like being in front of competitors (also gained amount depends on Strength of field (SOF))
Also, Division is set by iRating, eventho its just about what "league" your in for official races. iRating is about you success in races. doesnt actually says much about someones real speed, as i know some guys with over 4k of iRating that are slower than me and i'm on 2k iRating. so its more about luck and other stuff why they are into this :)

i hope this explains it for you

you can compare iRatings, eventho its not accurate. it just makes who you will be racing with. as if your iRating is 3k you'll be racing with mostly 3k drivers and so on...

and idk what are you asking for :S

Well, I guess I wanna know who's better than me and how to compare it so I know when I improve.
Sure, lap times are a good measurement, but I love leagues and divisions where you can work your way up and see how you improve.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%