1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I play F1 2012 with XP?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by AyrtonSenna1994, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I have Windows XP and therefore in theory cannot play F1 2012 as it requires direct x 11. I was just wondering if there is a way i could play it on XP (a legal way that is) eg can it be ran in some sort of compatability mode or in a DX9 mode, i heard somewhere that DX11 games can be ran on XP in a DX9 mode, can anyone help or point me in the right direction if there is a way? Thank you

Henry :)
  2. No XP for sure, i had the same probs... Take win 7. No DX9 for sure, but DX10 works ;)
  3. Thanks for the reply :) i actually have DX10 on my windows XP so would that help? the demo didn't load after i downloaded it on steam, it just closed instantly :p
  4. hi, the DX10 version that you have installed on your XP is just a crack and probably a virus. I know what you're talking about, I fell in this trap some months ago. Dxdiag shows DirectX 10 only because the setup edits a key on your registry. You still have DirectX 9.0 and probably a trojan now. Cheers!
  5. I have this direct X 10 for 2 years now, it certainly is not a trojan
  6. it could be virus-free but it's not directx 10 for sure! Honestly. I'm still with XP. We need to upgrade mate...
  7. Windows XP is not supported for this game, whether it says Direct X 10 or not, it won't work.

only solution is to upgrade :)
  8. or playing rFactor :roflmao: sorry little joke ^^