Can apps be fixed in position per car?

As per the title please?

I tend to use the same apps per car.

Whilst I always put them in my preferred position, I tweak their position slightly to suit / fit a particular car's cockpit / dash layout. (Triple monitor set up)

However when I then use another car, which I had previously set up to my liking, the position of the apps has moved based on where I placed them in the previous car.

Can this be overcome and the position of apps locked in place for every car. I've tried pinning the apps but this doesn't appear to work.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You have four virtual desktops that can be used to switch between different arrangements. The small numbers on the bottom of the app bar. Maybe you can come up with four layouts that suit most cars you drive?

Maybe this is one of the myriad magical things that Content Manager can do :D
(I have no idea, as I don't use it.)
What you could do if you're keen enough, and disciplined enough, is make copies of the INI file, and then move the relevant version into place before starting the game. I've never tried it so you might have to exit the launcher before a change, or it might be enough to just exit the actual "game" itself (acs.exe).
The file in question is "C:\Users\blah\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\acos.ini"

I see that in Content Manager you can set the positions of all the apps for each of the 4 "virtual desktops", plus you can save presets. Which I guess means you can create a preset for your car and then select it before driving. I'd recommend to use Content Manager anyways, it offers many more features than the standard launcher.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back