F1 2010 Can anyone reccomend a good high end gaming desktop manufacturer or supplier.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Im thinking of purchasing a new gaming machine within the next couple of months and would like some feedback from members on the best place to get one.

I would only be using it with f1 2010 and would like to have the option in the future to run a 3 monitor setup.

My initial thoughts are to go with alienware from Dell or an Acer. (my budget would be £2500 max but maybe that is overkill if its only being used for f1 2010, would i get a machine capeable of running 3 monitors for £1200 ish)

I would also be interested if anyone has any experience with the Rennsport Cockpit from fanatec with a 3 monitor setup. Is it worth the outlay?

Im thinking of purchasing a new gaming machine within the next couple of months and would like some feedback from members on the best place to get one.

I would only be using it with f1 2010 and would like to have the option in the future to run a 3 monitor setup.

My initial thoughts are to go with alienware from Dell or an Acer. (my budget would be £2500 max but maybe that is overkill if its only being used for f1 2010, would i get a machine capeable of running 3 monitors for £1200 ish)

I would also be interested if anyone has any experience with the Rennsport Cockpit from fanatec with a 3 monitor setup. Is it worth the outlay?

Send me a PM if you want to talk via teamspeak. I've been an independant computer consultant for 22 years with a history of gaming that goes back even further. I'd be glad to help you with getting a custom built rig from the right supplier. As many have said self build is the way to go for major cost savings and to ensure you get the best kit however there is a lot of 'mystery' in building a PC if you've never done it before and when you spending serious money your best off having the satisfaction that the system is stable. To this end there are several companies that are very good with builds, Overclockers is one of the best for complete and custom systems, prices are also cheap.

AMD v Intel

Do not be put off by those that say AMD CPU's are to slow... Fact is that in gaming AMD has an edge over Intel as thier chips have many optimisations for gamers that allow for similar benchmark scores and provide a huge £ saving. Intel does have faster CPU's overall but they only come into their own when running heavy duty number crunching, they do make use of this extra grunt when gaming but the overall cost includes a high price tag for the 'Intel Inside' sticker.

Oh boy this thread has really got me so JEALOUS of you guys!! I haven't had a new pc for around 8 years or so and as such I am not able to run F1 2010 on it as it just isn't up to spec for it, hence playing the game on the Xbox, which is still great but obviously lacking the modifications, etc. that you guys can play around with and also is so limited in the replays department!!.

I'm in the UK and would be grateful if someone could give me some idea of how much I would be looking at having to spend to get a system that would run this game comfortably.. and hopefully F1 2011 when it comes out.

Cheers

Send me a PM if you want to talk via teamspeak. I've been an independant computer consultant for 22 years with a history of gaming that goes back even further. I'd be glad to help you with getting a custom built rig from the right supplier. As many have said self build is the way to go for major cost savings and to ensure you get the best kit however there is a lot of 'mystery' in building a PC if you've never done it before and when you spending serious money your best off having the satisfaction that the system is stable. To this end there are several companies that are very good with builds, Overclockers is one of the best for complete and custom systems, prices are also cheap.

AMD v Intel

Do not be put off by those that say AMD CPU's are to slow... Fact is that in gaming AMD has an edge over Intel as thier chips have many optimisations for gamers that allow for similar benchmark scores and provide a huge £ saving. Intel does have faster CPU's overall but they only come into their own when running heavy duty number crunching, they do make use of this extra grunt when gaming but the overall cost includes a high price tag for the 'Intel Inside' sticker.

Thanks for the advice justin, I can honestly see myself chickening out of the self build.

I will probably end up paying someone to do it for me.

Thanks for the offer of help, really good of you.

yea I chickened out of building it myself too :p . As with many things it all seems very simple for someone with experience, but is very daunting for those who don't have the knowledge. I'm sure anyone could build a custom PC but for tech noobs like me that would be a huge time investment. I was lucky enough to find a small independent in my area who builds custom PCs, great service, great advice, fair prices. Be sure to look around if you can find one like that in your area.

Thanks for the advice justin, I can honestly see myself chickening out of the self build.

I will probably end up paying someone to do it for me.

Thanks for the offer of help, really good of you.

it realy is as easy as people are saying m8, thanks to the help from guys on this forum i built my 1st PC.

for me i was most nervous when fitting the CPU & fan, but after it was on i thought hey that wasent that bad :D

just remeber the 7 P`s and you can`t go wrong :wink:

Prior Preperation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Peformance :D

Hi there

I've developed three triple screen gaming setups for a sim project you can read about soon on Racedepartment :cool:

TH2G, ATI Eyefinity, Nvidia 3D Surround Vision are all options, here I'd recommend a single ATI GPU with a active Displayport to DVI adapter to drive the third display. I can provide you with a build list for £2,500 budget, including three 24" screens and desk mounts. Useful?

That's about $3400. You should have no trouble whatsoever building a MONSTER rig. Even to 3 monitors for an eyefinity setup.

I recently assembled a new computer from bits for my girlfriends christmas present. Hardware assembly took less than a half hour. While I was at work no less.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/01/03/intel_sandy_bridge_2600k_2500k_processors_review/

Some sandy bridge information for you. If you're dropping that much on a new computer, might as well get the best. Hardocp also has some great forums and knowledge squirreled away.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%