Can anybody run RSRlivetiming right now?

For a couple of days my connection to RSRlivetiming fails. I found the following.

However, even when switching to a DNS server that resolves that host I still can't connect.

Code:
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK NO OCULUS VIDEO (0)
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK Finito avvio 2018-01-04 15:56:17.335340
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK - Partenza primo giro !!!
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK - TempoGiroOld > TempoGiro
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK - LapCountOld < 1
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK update aggiorna ************************************************
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK Richiesta classifica
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK  RichiestaClassifica 3
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK - risposta mancante
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK Richiesta classifica terminato con errori
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK First connection
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK update aggiorna ************************************************
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK Richiesta classifica
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK  RichiestaClassifica 3
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK - risposta mancante
RsrLiveTimeLog - F.GEK Richiesta classifica terminato con errori

DNS problem description:

"There is a problem with the domain name that rsr is sending the data to.

www.lukegek.com has dropped out of most DNS servers, including Google's (8.8.8.8). It is still present in Verizon's (4.2.2.1), but that's probably just a mistake on Verizon's part.

For reference, IP addresses right now are:
python/RsrLiveTime(wavehh/assetto)1169% nslookup www.lukegek.com 4.2.2.1
Server: 4.2.2.1
Address: 4.2.2.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.lukegek.com
Address: 198.105.244.11
Name: www.lukegek.com
Address: 104.239.213.7
"

This continues to be broken for me. In the last week or so I have been unable to have RSRlivetiming connect to their servers. Oddly, I had 2 cases where it did, out of hundreds where it did not. There was no system to the ones that worked, same car/track combo did not work again. I tried a large amount of network checking, cleaned and reinstalled rsr, removed all other apps etc etc. No go.

Would somebody be able to post their py_log.txt (cleaned of private info of course, just the RSR parts)?

Of would somebody happen to have a tcpdump of RSR connecting? Monitoring my Windows machine when RSR should connect I cannot see any network packets that I would think are RSR. According to my log it is trying, so who knows.

Over on the official forums there seems to be one guy with similar problems.

The odd thing is that expired domain as posted above. That domain is gone (the Verizon resolve is a red herring, it is just Verizon giving an unrelated spam site when a domain doesn't exist). How does that work for anybody? According to the website there are lots of players online right now.

Tracked it down. $HOME/Assetto\ Corsa/cfg/launcher.ini had something in it that made rsr not connect. Replacing it with a version from a fresh game install fixed rsr. I have the diff -u in case anybody needs this in the future.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back