1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera Groups

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Alex Kyriak, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I've read the help section, I've set up multiple cameras into those in Group 1 and those in Group 2.

My problem: Group 2 cameras are used by RFactor on the first lap, then on all subsequent laps only Group 1 cameras are used.

Am I missing something? Is RFactor supposed to flip between groups every time a new lap is started? Any hints, tips, etc, anybody?

Much appreciated. :)
  2. I've never really taken notice of how RFactor deals with camera groups, I usually do it manually with the Page Down key.
  3. Can Rfactor do it automatically, or does the user always have to do a manual switch between groups? The BTB help implies it is automatic :confused:
  4. I don't recall rFactor ever switching camera groups automatically.
  5. I have found that rFactor in fact does. You have to select "Camera group cycle" or something like that while in game. I don't know what the logic is when it changes groups, but it does.
  6. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

where in rFactor is this setting to be found to change camera groups?
  7. This is what I noticed some time ago when playng with different groups... say you start on say group 1 cameras. The car drives out of range of the current group 1 camera and has not yet hit another group 1 activation point. If the car is out of any activation points for too long (no idea how long) then it will switch to the next group. I seem to remember it switching groups even though the car hadn't entered the activation range of the other group. It really seemed to be an issue of the car not being within any camera activation range that triggered the switch.