1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Camaro @ Interlagos Historic 1980 - Mon 17th March 2014

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rupe Wilson, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

A mix of New and Old
    Race 1: We'll be in the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro,
    Race 2: We go old School in the Chevrolet Camaro 68!
    Track: Interlagos Historic 1980

Download the Camaro 1968 Mod Here.

Race 1 : 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
    20:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 20:15 GMT 10 minute Super pole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an in-lap)
    Warm up: 3 minutes
    Race 1 : 20 mins

Leave server and rejoin with Camaro 68

Race 2 : Chevrolet Camaro 68
    20:55 GMT
    Qualifying: 21:10 GMT 10 minute Super pole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an in-lap )
    Warm up: 3 minutes
    Race 2 : 20 mins

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

1. Jan Kokemüller
    2. Tobias Liesaus
    3. Julian Dietz
    4. Sven-Arne Andersson
    5. Joao Fernandes
    6. Dion Vais
    7. Morne Du Plooy
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    Example of track limits for a track
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sign me up please :)
  3. sign me up please :)
  4. sign me up please :D
  5. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

7. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

Sign me up ;)
  8. i ll join
  9. Morne Du Plooy

Morne Du Plooy
    Premium Member

I am in :) please sign me up:thumbsup:
  10. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

The first race was a blast even though the new Camaro is a very difficult car to drive.
    It is amazing how an 30 years older car can have so much more grip and is not at all understearing so then I had great expectations for the second race but of course after starting third I overdid it in one corner in 2nd lap I think. Right left tyre went out on the curb and off I go. Tried to catch up but did the same mistake in the same corner the lap after so I decided to quit. Sorry guys.
  11. Had some nice battles today. Congrats to Jan, and @Sven-Arne Andersson
    you really got hammered on that first lap man.

I have to apologise to @Joao Fernandes.

At the beginning of the first race I had a better launch than the guy in my front and I had to steer away from him. And you know what happens when wheels are spinning in 1st gear in a camaro and you steer left or right...

It's actually quite remarkable how an older car with 4 gears is actually substantially faster than it's counterpart. Since it cannot reach same top speed and is still faster it means it does everything else better(braking,cornering, accel) It seems kinda odd tbh. I guess someone did his version of the car either faster(the 1968) or slower(the SS)

Except ofc if the old car is really faster in real life

PS: @Julian Dietz I've been told headlights are not allowed ;)
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  12. Thanks guy for two fun races! I really like the Camaro 1968, it's like an exaggerated version of the newer Camaro.
    Sorry @Julian Dietz for driving so stupid and leaving you no room in the race with the 1968's. I noticed too late that my mirrors weren't working with this mod at all. I have to remember to edit my PLR file next time we drive those cars.
  13. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

No problem @Dion Vais. It happens to all of us. ;)

I hate the modern Camaro and since i suck at driving it, i finished last. The incident at the starting line didn't help :p but i was slow either way.

The old one is much more fun but after @Julian Dietz crashed i tried to avoid him but smashed right into his side. Sorry about that. It ended there but it was still fun.
  14. ooh..i missed it:(
  15. Biggest oh **** moment of both races.

16. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

Yes it was. ;)
  17. ohh sorry