1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Camaro Cup @ Thunderforest: Wednesday April 23, 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
    Car: Camaro Cup
    Track: Thunderforest [download here]
    Weather: Dry
    Games:Race On
    19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules:Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:

1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Björn Golda
    3. Arunas Linkevicius
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Hum, this doesn't look like it's going to happen, buuut I'm gonna go for a 'maybe' anyways - not sure whether I'll be home in time.

3. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in as 'maybe' too ;)

4. Arunas

Arunas

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

:p

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Awesome cars! I think we're going to run more Camaro's, the Generation 5 cars from STCC2 next time. Those cars are a bit more adjustable [and better looking].

Hey I got my race laps to within one second of Bjorn and Arunas!
    I even kept it on track for one whole race :D:x3:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

'twas a rather small grid today, but still pretty good fun as it turned out to be quite a challenge to handle those beasts (especially after I put in ten-ish laps to practice yesterday - in the wrong Camaro, whoops :D)

Like yesterday, I managed to qualify into pole position, and like yesterday, I managed to screw it up early in - albeit not as much. In fact, I started fairly well, only to hit T1's wall a few meters later. Got back to Dennis' bumper but owing it to some more small errors on my side and great, consistent (despite earlier predictions ;)) on his side, I couldn't pass him. The final attempt in the last lap's hairpin made me spin out and I had to settle with P2 :)

Starting race #2, I didn't hit any walls. However, I did hit my downshift button twice while approaching T1 and spun onto the gravel (note to self: practice starts). Fortunately, I caught the car and caught up with Arunas and Dennis by the end of the first lap and managed to pass them.
    Both went further behind to some errors (I guess) and especially as they had to DNF in the latter part of the race, I had a fairly relaxed ride home - apart, from, well.. the final meters when I managed to hit the track/pit-seperator :D

Thanks for racing guys!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Arunas

Arunas

Just downloaded the track and jumped to the race :)
    I was out of the pace, a lot of mistakes and crashes.. Very bad practice session for me :)
    But it was a lot of fun to drive these Camaros!