1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camaro Cup @ KWS, Wednesday February 19th, 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Camaro Cup
    Track: KW Speedway [download here]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Race On

20:00 GMT: Drafting practice alternating with short races to prepare for Saturdays event.
    TeamSpeak would be nice!

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Gasper Grebenc
    3. Nelson Ullinskey
    4. David Kingshott
    5. Alex Walder
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Do I just need race on for this as I have race07 and race injection but did not see the track in the game even though the camaros are in race injection :)
  3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

the track is an add-on Dennis probably forgot to put the download link in this thread, the download link for the track is in the thread for the Saturday event so you can get the track there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sign me in here too
  5. ok chears! :)
  6. Something with the family has come up for the Saturday event, but this should be fun!

Sign me up please.
  7. Sign me in please. Have not done any of this type of racing so could be interesting
  8. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Not gonna make this :( Still not enough bits in my box! not even close! :mad:
    • Love Love x 1
  9. sign me up please, need some practice with you guys before the race on saturday :thumbsup:
  10. And... dang, I will not be able to make this :(

Believe me, I really really wanted to do this, but something has come up.
  11. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

I'll be on R&R today so get my sthreanght back for Thursday. The good thing is - I have 100 laps atleast and the setup was ready 5 days ago so i'm set and ready for saturday. :p
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Today's "event" is just for getting used to a different style of racing than what we normally do.
    We're going to be going out on track to do some setup work, running together and drafting just to get used to close driving, hopefully for long periods.

"I can learn the three banked corners in no time", you say. Yes, you can but how consistent can you be?
    "It's easy to drive NASCAR style like this, simple, I got it." I dare you to pull out of the pit and go out for just one lap, lol!
    "I've driven the track, I know it already", how is that going to help you on the back straight looking into the bumper of a car going just as fast as you are?

Short races have been set up so we can practice starts and pitstops in a race environment. This event will be using both rolling and standing starts!

If you're bored this evening , do drop in for some laps for as long as you like.
    Tonight's it's all about driving.
  13. well, my other race today got crapped out .. so i'll be in the server here shortly
  14. Thank you Dennis this was fun thanks for the assidtance and sorry for cutting out mid conversation at the end got a bit button friendly and cut off TS.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Thanks to all the drivers that showed for some laps! I tried to drive close with everyone, we did have some good runs with 4-5 drivers all circulating very close!

This practice server will be up until Saturday afternoon so use it as you like to get up to speed.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks so much for that setup @Dennis Phelan .. I've got so much to learn about setting up vehicles. It sure is a mystical science LOL :notworthy:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Vaughn Stegeman , for me it's not magic. It's simply trial and error. I stick with one car to find out the basics. I choose a combinations of setting and then drive, change one item[higher or lower], drive, change that item [from what it was to the opposite], drive and compare results, take the better. I do that for all the variables. I identify which were the "movers" and go back, adjusting them, switching values, raising and lowering to find out what goes faster and what makes the car easier to drive. Then I do the same for the not so big movers. Drive one car doing the same each track and it will get figured out. Once I had have one car[fwd or rwd] I have usually been able to drive another car at any other track by filling in the blanks and then make adjustments to the prime movers to bring the car inline. The minor characters usually stay at the same numbers but the prime's adjust to the changes. I do not use any guide or rely on anything but the fact that soft is more grip, harder is less.For damper[shock] values I have to think a little deeper, into springs and the relationship they have with mass and resistance but all just general "stuff". You can get something for harder and sometimes it makes you faster too as it's not always about grip.

Hoping that gets you on the right track! Yes, it means a lot of driving at first :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1