1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Camaro Cup @ KW Speedway, Saturday February 22nd, 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CAM
    Car: Generation 5 Camaro Cup Cars
    Track: KW Speedway [download here]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Race On

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification Superpole
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Races, 2 x 30 laps with mandatory pit for at least two tires.
    Starts: Race 1 = Rolling Start, Race 2 = Standing Start!

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Honoring the beginning of the NASCAR racing season in the USA with their 500 mile race at the Daytona Motor Speedway, Race Department's Race 07 Racing club brings you a special event at KW Speedway, an oval track originally made for GTR1. Unfortunately there is no version of Daytona that allows us to race on the super speedway. KW is a tri-oval about 3 miles long, with each corner having a different bank angle. The long straight means plenty of opportunities for close racing and drafting.

The field will be made up from the Generation 5 Camaro Cup cars found in the addon pack, Race On. Twenty four well prepared cars are available, each having a unique custom skin and only one RD driver will be using each skin. When signing up, each driver will designate the car of his choice. Setup options are limited - it will take a good driver to get the most out of his car.

Entry List:
    1. Tobias Brink----Mert Kayar
    2. Andreas Ahlberg=
    3. Ted Brink----Yves Larose
    4. Mikael Granberg=
    5. Peggan Andersson=
    6. Alexander Graf----Alex Walder
    7. Tomas Engstrom----David Kingshott
    8. Jan Nilsson=
    9. Peo Noren=
    10. Ole Martin Lindum=
    11. Jorgen Eriksson----Vaughn Stegeman
    12. Christer Ohlin=
    13. Frederik Ros=
    14. Magnus Kronstrom----Gasper Grebenc
    15. Tommie Eliasson=
    16. Niklas Loven=
    17. Anders Brofalk=
    18. Gorgen Ohlsson----Ivan Navarro
    19. Mikael Warn=
    20. Patric Sundel=
    21. Richard Berggren----Justin Swan
    22. Mikael Eklund----Dennis Phelan
    23. Marcus Palner----Andrew James
    24. Stein Frederic Akre=
    Patience, and not necessarily speed, will win your way to the final laps when the win can be secured. During practice sessions, try to do little hotlapping and stay ontrack when you meet traffic. Get used to driving close for long periods, giving room to other drivers and staying with them rather than passing while drafting.

The events will require a pit stop. When on your "in lap" pull off the driving line and go below the yellow line prior to entering the third turn. At the entrance to the corner the yellow line changes from a broken to a solid line. Please get below the yellow before the solid yellow line begins, as shown in this picture.

[​IMG]
    When leaving the pit during practice, qualifying and the races, stay below the solid yellow line all the way around the first banking. Stay off the banking until the solid yellow line changes to a broken line as seen in this picture

[​IMG]
    Keep to the lower "lane" until halfway down the back straight, this is where the row of trees on the left [infield] ends. Then you can move up and fit in with the faster traffic.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Whoo Hoo! Server is UP!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Richard Berggren

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  4. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Sign me in as Tomas Engstrom.

5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sign me up please, Ted Brink ;)

6. Sign me in as Magnus Kronstrom please

7. sign me up please as Alexander Graff, liking the orange paintjob that goes with this guy!
    505c0f0f5a109.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

Dennis, you done goofed and set the server with Gen4 camaros from the old cup i believe.

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Right!
    Sorry, I don't usually even look at these cars.

• Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Tick - Tock - look at the clock!
    Time is running out, please don't leave this race to a scant few, post a signup and make it a crowd! @Vaughn Stegeman and anyone else within shouting distance!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh geez! yeah .. I'll sign up, why not
    Please put me in as Jorgen Eriksson =D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

Oh, resigning from this aswell ofcourse. :/

14. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yes please, as Marcus Palner

15. Sign me up Dennis. You can chose my car - just give it some good luck and go faster stripes.

16. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

One of them has flames!

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. Hey Dennis! Long time. :redface:

I'm racing in another league race until just before, but should have no trouble being here on time, so count me in!

I'll take Gorgen Ohlsson

• Like Like x 1
  18. sign me up as Tobias Brink pls

19. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sorry guy's i'm gonna have to sign out :( been sick all week and still not good enought to race :sick: have fun i really wish i could make it.

• Love Love x 1
  20. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

:mad:
    So I finally get the new PC running smoothly and now the G27 is having an identity crisis!! For some reason it refuses to admit it's a G27 and thinks its a Driving Force?!?! It's not like I can ignore it either because the throttle is on maximum all the time and the steering is all to whack!

I've googled this with no success, well I get results but no real fix. Tried uninstalling, trying different USB ports etc etc... Any clues anybody?