1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Camaro Cup Gen5 @ Mugello - Saturday September 3rd 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CCG5
    Required RACE 07 expansions: STCC - The game 2
    Class: Gen 5 Camaro Cup
    Track: Mugello v1.1
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT (Superpole)
    Warm-up: 19:40 GMT
    Race: 19:50 GMT 2x35 Minutes with Mandatory pitstop with at least 2 tires change
    Password: click here

Download packages

Tracks:
    Racing Club track package

Mods:
    Racing Club Mod package

*due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]386[/signuplist]

2. What's in the racing club mod package?
    The gen5 is standard in the game?

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

they are the mods that are being use for the regular racing club event, the gen5 Camaro is a default STCC - The game 2 car so no need to download the packages for the event but you still have to download the track in case you don't already have it.

4. Thanks Yves.
    Already tested on the track,so that's no problem. :)
    Car feels great ,cant wait to race it.

BTW: i dont think you'll make it with just a tyre change(mandetory 2 tyres-at least),the fuel use is a whopping 6.2 liters/lap !!!
    Hahahaha,so i think i'm gonna need somewhere around 36 liters of fuel extra.

5. David J Anderson

David J Anderson
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Sorry to be a pain, but I can't sign up for this event using the buttons. No idea why this happens to me.

I would love to race you guys in this car. See if I'm any good in them, if I am, I'll try to get into Race Department's Camaro Cup.

I've made a skin for this car. Download if you want. (If it looks too similar to yours Yves, I'll change it)

http://www.4shared.com/file/DwYxnEay...ts_Camaro.html

6. Try another browser like Google Chrome or something, it helped me with some download buttons i didnot see
    with Internet Explorer for example to download a track. Installed Google Chrome and all of a sudden there was the button..!
    hehe
    Maybe it solfs your problem as well, good luck :D

7. A new car and a new track for me guys.

I'll try to keep out the way. <smirk>

8. I've been driving some laps in the cars on this track and im really looking forward to this race! :)

9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up! for those who have the alternate gear box ratio install please remove it as you won't be able to join the server with it.

10. More than month without races! I'm slightly lost my shape. Today on the track will be some inadequate. :cool:

11. David J Anderson

David J Anderson
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Thanks for the advice Martin. I've tried the other web browsers, but for some odd reason, I still don't see the buttons.

Maybe there is something I need to update, I'll try to figure it out at some point.

I hope it isn't too much bother me joining the server before qualifying?

12. Internet cable was pulled a little out from my pc during at the end of qual so i couldn't get back on the server :(

13. You got to be kiding me, I pitted during the pit window and when it was closed I got DQ for no reason. I might have gotten a DQ for invisable blue flag. >_>

Other wise my race was quite horrable, I had a good start and was looking for some very good battle but then I started making the mistakes and spinning the car. I don't know if I am the one lagging but to me everyone were lagging when they got to close to me. This isn't a track I fancy at all but I hope to have much better race performance in RDCCC.

14. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Well, fun race. New car and track for me but a gentle beast. In race 1 I have an unpleasant surprise when my computer switched to the desktop. I still can't figure out what program could have made it switch. The worst part was that I could still hear the crunching sound of my car barreling off road unattended.

It didn't matter because I totally blew my pit strategy on the first race. I went in with a bunch of cars at the same time and I ended up staying over 10 seconds longer than anyone else. I even had one car come in after me and leaving earlier. I should really practice and think pit stops a bit better.

Anyway, fun race and I am glad I joined. Good field too. Lots of good drivers. Congrats to the winners.

15. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Very fun couple of races today.

I was really surprised by my superpole lap which gave me the poleposition by a very small margin. I knew exactly I was never ever the fastest generally today, it was just 1 really good lap.

The starting position really helped me a lot in the first race as I could gain a nice gap between me and some of the faster guys that were bunched up around p4-7.
    I was still in the lead as I made my stop pretty late in the race for all 4 tires. I knew exactly that Dariusz would take just 2 tires and end up ahead easily.
    But my little testing I made with 2 old rear-tires showed that I'm loosing a lot of time that way. On the one last test I wanted to do with that setup Eric ran into my car on free practice, so I decided to stick with my startegy.

I did not gain anything back to Dariusz even though I had new rear-tires, so there was zero chance on going back to the lead for the rest of the race. No idea how Dariusz could do that :)

Race 2 started pretty bad as I tapped Mr. Anderson on the first lap of the race. It was a slow corner in which I drove extra slow in it, but apparently not slow enough ;(
    1 lap later I thankfully remembered to let him past again (and most of the rest of the field), almost forgot about that ;)

For the rest there wasn't much to gain anymore, so this time I tested a early 2 tire stop. But as I predicted that did not work out really well.
    I spun 2 times and my times were to inconsistent. Allthough I couldn't get that to work, it did not make a difference in this particular race, fifth was it in the end.

q: 1st / r1: 2nd / r2: 5th

Good test! What a pity that that wasn't a championchip track, I like it much more than most of the scheduled races ;(

16. New track & new car. I was happy to sit at the back and hope it came to me. Never really felt in control. Finished the first race but, race 2 I collected a spinner and was damaged. It wasn't too long nefore I was being lapped. With the mandatory pit yet to come I was fed up and bored. I retired to spectate.

17. In practice I couldn't really get the times going until I think something like 15 minutes left of it, while trying to teach Tobias Olsson to drive the car and learn the track (which didn't really go that well).

Got a not so good lap in superpole, decided to cut some grass here and there because I thought it was way too long and it was more important that the grass should be short than me standing high on the grid.

In race 1 I got a good start, and used my old theory of pitting one lap after halfway. Unfortunatly I couldn't count for some reason, and pitted on lap 10 and put in way too much fuel (50 l) and lost lots of time with that. Sorry Yves for the bump in the beginning. Tried to let you past, but you were busy with someone else (David?) and didn't want to get involved :)
    Finished 6th/7th by the way :/

Got an equally good start to race 2, and was batteling with Yves into turn 1. Followed him for a few laps, then pitted too late (again) and still put too much fuel in. Once again, lost lots of time there. Caught someone (think it was Mr Van Bommel, not sure) with a few laps to go and passed. Finished 3rd, once again behind David Grönvalls.

I had the speed at then end of the races just because I pitted so late, but otherwise there wasn't anything to brag about.
    Thanks for the nice races!

18. Practise times were allright,so had high hopes for the qually session.....

Qually: after the outlap i started my hotlap and in t1 my comp frooze....aaaaarrrgggg. :mad: :pcbeat:
    Managed to get it up and running again and logged back in with just a few seconds to spare..pffff
    Offcourse this meand that i had to start from the back but i was happy to be back in at all.

Race 1: Started from p17 ,had a good start and was in p12 after t1,slowly made my way back up front untill i made a terrible mistake. :frown:
    Clipping the grass with my left rear tyre put me into a spin wich costed me a lot of time,just as i was closing in on p7/p8 i believe it was.
    Then again i had to find my way back up front and eventually finished in p3,not bad allthough i like to believe that without that spin i could have finished even higher. :redface:

Race 2: Starting from p6 i had a fairly good start,a bit to much wheelspin but hold my place in t1.
    Got up to p4 pretty quick and then focused on getting to the top 3:Gronvalls,Larose and Stranne who were having a nice battle,and
    because of that i was able to get closer and closer.
    Finally i was on the back of Yves,men it feels like ages ago since we had our great fights and it felt great to be part of it again.
    Because Yves and me had a great fight over severall laps,that mend that Gronvall and Stranne could pull away a bit.
    After some great door to door battles i managed to pass Yves,great fight m8. :thumbup:
    So now the hunt was opened for Stranne in p2,who wasn't that far up front so i guess he made a mistake in his fight with Gronvalls.
    As i was looking for an oppertunaty to pass him he made a mistake in t1,handing me p2,uhh, p1 accually because Gronvalls made his pitstop by then.
    Made my pitstop and came out in p5,behind Gronvalls.
    Slowly but surely i gained on him,and after a few laps i was on his tail and managed to pass him in the last turn as he was running wide.
    Had to defend my newly gained p1 in t1 but i made it stick,and then managed to pull away slightly and finished in p1. :trophy:

Overall great evening,even with a temporairly freeze during qually.
    Great fights in both races and looking forward to the real deal.

Cheers

19. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Nice race. These cars are a blast to drive and I wish we had more club races with them.

Both my races were pretty uneventful. Driving a car I am unfamiliar with on a track I rarely drive, my goal was to finish with the same amount of wheels on the car as when I started.

I have actually done better than I thought I would. A solid mid-pack performance. Actually, at the end it looked like I placed higher than either of my finishing positions would warrant. maybe it had to do with folks logging off the server before the results showed up?

in any case, it was a lot of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.