1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Camaro Cup Gen5 @ KW Superspeedway - Saturday August 6th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CCG5
    Required RACE 07 expansions: STCC - The game 2
    Class: Camaro Cup Gen5
    alternative gear ratio: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20609...final+gear.rar
    Track: KW Superspeedway v1.0
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 19:45 GMT
    Race: 19:55 GMT 65 Laps (Approx. 60 Minutes)
    Password: click here

Note: you need to download and install the alternate gear ratio, install the file in your main race07 directory.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]308[/signuplist]

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

if you like the car watch this video :wink:

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Sorry if this is a silly question, what does the final+gear.rar do. ive put it in the right place and end up with..
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\User name\race 07\GameData\Teams\Camaro_Cup_2010\Camaro Generation 5

// Special Diff for RaceDepartment.com
    // True2Life-Racing
    // Version 1.00
    // Last edited by Günthar Rowe
    //
    [GEAR_RATIOS]
    ratio=(100, 230)
    ratio=(100, 165)
    ratio=(100, 123)
    ratio=(100, 94)

[FINAL_DRIVE]
    // 6 final drive ratios available now
    bevel=(1, 1)
    ratio=(100, 304)
    ratio=(100, 323)
    ratio=(100, 342)
    ratio=(100, 361)
    ratio=(100, 380)
    ratio=(100, 400)

My question is it says 6 final ratio available ... I dont know how to adjust if it is possible ( i am a noob when it comes to this stuff) ....:redface:

Please note... do not alter this when on RD servers.....

4. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

ok the car come with 6 different final gear ratio, by default the car is set to use only one which is the second one in the list (100, 323) with the file it simply tell the game to use the last one (100, 400) which make the car accelerate slower but gives it a little bit more top speed. that in theory in practice what does it do (you can do the test) if you take the car on LeMans 2004 and do a run without having the file install and do a run with the file install the difference between the 2 will be that at the end of each long straight you'll have about 500 RPM left with about the same top speed.

when i asked Gunthar about it he game me all of them to test and let tell you the other final gear ratio are pretty short compare to the default one and the one use with the file.

5. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

You don't need to install anything to adjust the final gear ratio btw, you can do it manually by opening your saved setup with notepad and changing this line:

[DRIVELINE]
    FinalDriveSetting=.......

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Thanks Yves, i could see the difference when driving (i thought this would give me something to alter... its preset... )

I was of the belief that that would cause a mismatch when going online. (please remember im a noob) As you are altering beyond the games peramaters...

Please educate the not so fortunate....:redface:
    So if i wanted to use the first on on the list how would i do it please ( what do i change )

Note to all.....
    do not change the diff setting for racing at RD events......

7. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

It will not cause any mismatch Rupe, its only final gear adjustment and nothing to do with any game parameters.
    No idea how you choose the different final gear settings in the file as i don't have it installed. Would love to drive the camaro on saturday but i,m not a fan of ovals, it gets boring for me very quickly. Have fun guys.

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

I have not raced on a oval ( its proberly not as easy as it looks) 60 mins is to long for me also.
    before i just installed thing and never looked, now i look and try to understand, and struggle at times .
    thanks for the infomation, think ill stick to the ingame options, and keep learning before i look futher into this..

9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Great fun, close times, i enjoyed that, and i think i got the fastest lap, let down by a poor pitstop i put on 4 new tyres on the first stop and a full tank, didnt need the tyres, next pit stop was right on time but i was speeding .... fool... what could of been...did we actually need to change tyres or was it a option

Question.
    everytime i got in front of somebody i kept getting a blue flag and warning is this common.. confused me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.