Calling all Aliens!

Take me to your liter! ;)

How about a couple of you Aliens help us slower than molasses people out?
You're at Warp speed, and I'm on Impulse engines....:cry:

Set up a time & date, designate a server to meet at, so you can provide some instruction and help us setup our cars. Maybe contact the RD R3E club and organize it through them. I'm sure there will be lots of "moving chicanes" wanting in.:p

We'll never be as fast as you, but making us faster, will help us keep out of your way.

In Prototypes & FR2, I'm .5 to 3 seconds slower than you guys. But in the other cars, I'm as high as 8 seconds slower. It's so disheartening.

DTM, ADAC, GT2, GT3, Group5... any of those cars would be a nice starting point.

Mele Kalikimaka!

That has to be easily the funniest, weirdest yet coolest way to call the ALIENS out of their spaceships.

Look I'm no Alien (EVEN THOUGH I ALWAYS FIND MY WAY IN THE FRONT PACK IN THE RD CLUBS, UNBELIEVABLY EVEN FOR MY BEING), but I can help in whatever needed. I'm no setup expert, but I know a few tips.

But @Azfalt Raser, the idea of being fast is not on the setup. In racing, 40% is setup, 60 is pure tecnhnique and racecraft. We got the RD Racing Academy to help with that but to be fast, best way? See videos of the fast guys and try mimicking them or ask someone fast to do hot laps and try to follow the train. Eventually you'll get the highs and lows of the car and track combo and be quicker than you usually are.

Best way to pick up pointers in this title without having to wait for someone to show you is to use the leader board challenge and race against a ghost that's slightly faster than you and work up the leader board till you ve found your limits.
Like Lorenzo said it's not all about the tune, learning to drive the car, know it's strengths and weaknesses while mastering your line is more important :)

Best way to pick up pointers in this title without having to wait for someone to show you is to use the leader board challenge and race against a ghost that's slightly faster than you and work up the leader board till you ve found your limits.
Like Lorenzo said it's not all about the tune, learning to drive the car, know it's strengths and weaknesses while mastering your line is more important :)
+1

The cars with updated physics (i.e. GT3s, ADACs, DTM15, Silhouettes, Audi TTs, FR2s and the Aquilas) all have decent default set-ups.
You might be able to tweak it a bit to suit your particular driving-style, but it's really not necessary and you usually tweak yourself into an unstable car.
The most I usually do is maybe lower the rear wing a notch or two, and adjust the brake-pressure to my liking, that's it.
And as far as I know someone like @Otune runs default set-ups, and he's undeniably fast.

The leader-board ghosts are a very good tool, as others mentioned.
Don't go for the leader, pick someone who is slightly faster than you.
Then when you can't catch the next guy on the boards, practice until you can do your best time consistently, then try to figure out what the other guy is doing different.
But get consistent first, otherwise there'll be too many variables.

Having said all that, I'll be happy to see if I can help you out.
That is, assuming that I'm actually faster than you, otherwise there seems to be little point. ;)
But it'll have to wait until I get this damn cast off my hand. :D

Oh, and please don't start with the Group 5s......
They are utter beasts. :confused:

And as far as I know someone like @Otune runs default set-ups, and he's undeniably fast.
Before the Zolder GT3 race at the weekend, I actually tried making some adjustments to my McLaren's setup to see if it could make it faster. After changing some things and doing a lot of laps, I decided to switch back to the default setup to see just how much I had improved things.

I was four tenths quicker on the default setup...

So yeah, don't ask me anything about car setups in this game, I'll only make you slower! Like Lars says, the default setups (for at least the cars I've tried) in R3E are very drivable, meaning it's mostly down to technique and practice. One thing I like to do is to do a very long run in practice, with tyre wear enabled. Once the tyres are pretty worn, you have to think a lot more about how you take each corner in order to get anywhere near the best time you set with fresh tyres. Once you're able to do consistent lap times with worn tyres, it should be easier to be consistently quick on fresh tyres with plenty of grip. Just something that seems to help me, at least with being consistent and making few mistakes.

Thank you all for your responses. RD community - fantastic as usual.

My reason for my post:
When I used to play golf, my higher handicap friends would play golf with me and I could sense their frustration at not being able to hit the ball as far or make the ball backup when it hit the green. I would end up giving tips/lessons. It made the game more enjoyable for them. And as they got better, it made the game more enjoyable for me.

I'm guessing fast drivers are a small percentage of the total R3E player base. I got frustrated from over driving and just being slow. I see frustration from other people and was hoping to get wider Alienesque :alien: interest in adopting a backmarker to help people who want to improve, but struggle.

Me? I'm old and have vision problems....and as the great Sangali :mad: once told me...."You are :poop:" :roflmao:

See this channel <<<<
I had to switch from 5760x1080 to 1920x1080 in order to make these and I'm just not used to it.
Once you go triple screens, it's hard to go back to a single.

I have stayed with the default setups and maybe play with the Differential or Antiroll bars to get the car to rotate quicker. Anything to defeat front end push - uhh - other than the gas pedal :whistling:
As for driving style, I try to balance the car using gas/brake at the same time. You may notice that I lift just before the apex of a turn. Its to get the car into the apex and rotate so i can get on the throttle earlier. Sometimes I get it right, alot of times, I get it wrong.

Anyway, I thank you all. I hope to make it to a club event soon. I have to start my Christmas shopping :rolleyes: so I'll be busy for the next couple days.

So many cars and tracks......so little time.;)

Okay, you definitely don't need my help. :roflmao:

Some of the best Golf Professional Instructors in the world are terrible golfers.

It doesn't mean you can't contribute, or notice something......:geek:
Just the fact that you are willing to provide help says something about you and this RD Community.
Thank you just the same.:thumbsup:
-------------------
Wow, the servers are laggy every few seconds again today. I noticed my fps goes from 118fps to 57fps when it lags. Visually, it looks like 20 fps.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%