Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

An other FPS is around the corner and I was wondering who will be buying BO2 and on what platform? :)
I am thinking about buying BO2 for the PC.

Fun fact: Activision and Youtube have promised a feature that most of you who like to make youtube videos might like. While you play BO2, you will be able to stream your gameplay on youtube. :)
Origin have answered with a similar function but it only works for twitch.tv ;)

Cheers.

Pre-ordered like I have the last 6 CoD games for PC lol. I'm looking forward to zombies, probably more than I am the multiplayer. Hopefully they finally listened to the PC community on some things we'd love to see, however dedicated servers aren't included this year :poop:

Could go one of two ways: disappointed but enjoy zombies and single player, or enjoy multiplayer and zombies. Either way I'll have a couple years worth of fun until Treyarch come out with the next game that includes zombies :)

Also if anyone wants to play with me my steam account is: xXSnipeShowXx

Oh well, I have CoD, UO, 2, MW, WaW and BO... I really regret buying those last two there... and I won't buy another CoD game I guess. The earlier games were brilliant. MW worked good. And then... well, the rest are more like polished MW mods.

Bought it yesterday and have to say I'm very impressed. Although I've bought ever Call of Duty since Modern Warfare, I really didn't enjoy World at War, Modern Warfare 3 for having just a selection of tiny maps, Black Ops was okay but I feel Black Ops II too has really upped its game. Maps seem really enjoyable so far, Still getting used to it, but I haven't actually played the Campaign or Zombies yet.

Is anyone else having FPS issues in Black Ops 2? No matter which AA option I'm using, it'll go down to around 30 FPS. FXAA is fine but even 2x MSAA will cause FPS to drop by like 70.

Also, I think it's too easy on Veteran. Even tho NPCs improved their aim it takes them quite a while to draw their weapons.

Is anyone else having FPS issues in Black Ops 2? No matter which AA option I'm using, it'll go down to around 30 FPS. FXAA is fine but even 2x MSAA will cause FPS to drop by like 70.

Computer specs?

I'm running 4x msaa and getting no less than 60 fps. But it varies wildly, I'll go from 200 fps in game to 60, and everywhere in between.

My specs:

AMD 1100T 6 core 3.4ghz - I set process affinity to cores 0-3 (disabled 2). This made the horse level possible for me.
MSI twinfrozr ii HD6950 1gig
8gigs of ram
7200 rpm HDD
Win 7 64.

And about the difficulty...I'm not finding it much of a challenge either. Pretty much every time I've died it's been from AI randomly spawning behind and running up or having perfect controlled burst aim when they pop out unexpectedly from behind something. It just seems wacky, I feel like I should be getting shot to death (gun boats for example) but hardly take damage, then when I'm just chilling out walking an enemy pops out and kills me before I have a chance to react.

Also there is absolutely no hint of a puzzle anywhere. But that's typical CoD for you I guess.

Computer specs?

I'm running 4x msaa and getting no less than 60 fps. But it varies wildly, I'll go from 200 fps in game to 60, and everywhere in between.

i7-3770 (3.4ghz)
GTX680
16GB RAM
Game on 7200RPM HDD / Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit on SSD

:)

90 FPS (all the time, capped) this way but I'm still curious why the performance is abysmal. Resolution is 1920x1080.

6IzOS.jpg

That certainly shouldn't be the maximum for my specs. :mad:

w
i7-3770 (3.4ghz)
GTX680
16GB RAM
Game on 7200RPM HDD / Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit on SSD

:)

90 FPS (all the time, capped) this way but I'm still curious why the performance is abysmal. Resolution is 1920x1080.

6IzOS.jpg

That certainly shouldn't be the maximum for my specs. :mad:

have you tried turning all settings to the highest possible?

Some people have reported weird CPU/GPU usage, and turning everything up somehow sorts this out.

Also make sure your drivers are updated, I think some of the old nvidia drivers were giving people problems.

Also it looks like you have the FPS cap turned off? but you say you get 90?? turn on draw fps too, just to be sure.

w

have you tried turning all settings to the highest possible?

Some people have reported weird CPU/GPU usage, and turning everything up somehow sorts this out.

Also make sure your drivers are updated, I think some of the old nvidia drivers were giving people problems.

Also it looks like you have the FPS cap turned off? but you say you get 90?? turn on draw fps too, just to be sure.

All done plus it's capped, that's why MAX FRAMES PER SECOND is set to 90 and VSYNC disabled. :)

I know the fix, I had the same problem.... Turn your Depth of Field to low, should fix it. When I aim in even on minimum settings I'd only get 15-20 fps, but when I aimed out I'd be getting 120-130.

Actually I had the same problem at Tom at first, but after trying Chris suggestion it helped a lot. :) I got 60 FPS 24/7 without a single FPS drop.

This far the game feels great as a change from other FPS such as BF3, Planetside 2 and TF2. Last CoD game I had was MW2 so getting back to the CoD genre felt great and I really enjoyed playing the game but I got SO frustrated with the sprint button because it has such a laggy response compare to the BF3 sprint. None the less I think I would recommend BO2 to the people who liked the previous BO and to CoD fans.

For the rest of you who are pending:

Right, cheers. :)

Got through it by now, seen the different endings. All I have left to do (achievement wise) are the challenges in each level. However, those seem to be not only luck-dependent but also quite boring and like they'd want to force people to play more single player. :/

Still think it's way too easy on Veteran even if I rely on the default weapons. It's a breeze once you get to use

- Skorpion Evo: grip, milimeter scanner, fast mag.
- SCAR - H: EOTech sight, grip, extended mag.
- Flashbang
- Frag grenade
- Access kit

That's my personal preference but extremely versatile for almost every situation.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%