Calendar update

It's great to have suggestions about tracks or any other matter to try to improve FSR but please think a bit before making them.

It is very common by people to suggest a lot of good things, like having highlights, pre-race shows, funny interviews, hotlaps videos, new tracks... and a million of good things that could make FSR more big that it already is. But, at the end, it's always the same, Who is going to take care of it? Who is going to do it? Admins don't get paid for doing this, what you pay is going for the prizes and the infrastructure of the league like servers, website, etc. and we are just a small amount of people working behind the scene so you can enjoy racing.

Reggarding the matter of tracks, we want to offer a good quality broadcast. You just have to compare the broadcast from lasts year to this ones and you can clearly see the difference. Even the community was impresed by them because we are the first league who manages to have three full grids on rF2 and offers a very good broadcasts with a high quality. We are trying to explode rF2 capabilities at his best, and I guess that is also a reason why Atze and Aleksi raced at Malaysia, we are giving a good image, we want the best simracers of the world to race here, and we want to keep them.

So, right now David is focusing his efforts with Canada, he is already working 24/7 and learning at the same time. So the best solution was to switch Melbourne for Imola because David have already worked on it for Winter Series and offers a good enough quality. Telling him to work in the summer it's not an option and it's just disrespectful, he is working for free and does what he can, we cannot ask him for more.

You have to think the best for the league, and using bad track quality it's not an option because potential people who could join us would quickly close the broadcasts because it's impossible to sell physics in them, you sell image, quality and profesionalism.

Seriously guys, unbelievable. I hate Imola and F1 Indy mickey mouse track is just crap (pointless too, since there is Long Beach, which is a perfect replacement for Monaco if you ask me or if you want to have 2 races in USA). Melbourne RF2 version is fine, and there are much better tracks around, I don't understand you.

Last edited:
People who hate Imola and Indy are mostly Tilke fans, which is basically making myself saying 'and their seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere' and besides imola is a way that FSR can use to pay respects to the 20 year anniversary of the deaths of Senna and Ratzenberger

Seriously guys, unbelievable. I hate Imola and F1 Indy mickey mouse track is just crap (pointless too, since there is Long Beach, which is a perfect replacement for Monaco if you ask me or if you want to have 2 races in USA). Melbourne RF2 version is fine, and there are much better tracks around, I don't understand you.

I think you missed the point here. We are not choosing tracks based on layout, but by build quality. The quality of Long Beach is laughable. There is little point in using rF2 if we keep racing on GP4/rF1 tracks. How can we get new people watch our streams if we use tracks built in 2000, when iRacing leagues race on modern-looking tracks.

I think you missed the point here. We are not choosing tracks based on layout, but by build quality. The quality of Long Beach is laughable. There is little point in using rF2 if we keep racing on GP4/rF1 tracks. How can we get new people watch our streams if we use tracks built in 2000, when iRacing leagues race on modern-looking tracks.

Looks like minimal graphical settings to me. Still miles better than China track you are going to use this weekend.

So then Red Bull Ring is also boring because its laptimes are not much over 60s. I presume we cannot consider Red Bull Ring to be ever used in FSR then :rolleyes:

I didn't say that Imola is boring because of short laptime, said it as configuration. A1 also is boring with 2-3 difficult corners, not because of laptimes. It's my opinion, years ago Imola was one of my favourite tracks, but now if we have for choice hungaroring is much more complicate to drive there and to make setups, in Imola from the first to the last driver the difference will be not more than 0.5 sec.

Friendly advice. You won't draw any people here from iRacing if you focus on so called quality or bla bla bla missing main thing that makes FSR unique - proper racing and competition atmosphere. If I wanted quality, some fancy shaders or other pointless candy stuff I would rather joined iRacing or kept driving in F1 2013, lol. You will simply never be able to compete with iRacing there they are strong, they have different sale model and they put a lot of resources into. Instead you should focus on what people do like about FSR and what you are really strong in. Don't miss the plane trying to catch the bus.

How will you expect to overtake someone with zero gap with that downforce at Melbourne, Hungaroring, Monaco...
At Monaco would be not overtakeable yes, at Imola if you add DRS zone for whole straight and maybe on previous straight too, then there is a chance to be good race. Just I believe you made your life harder to choice rF2, I like this sim, but lack of tracks with good graphics is the problem, also I think we, the drivers must be in advantage to choice what tracks to put, even with lower graphic buildings, because we're paying, not the spectaters. There are gonna be 1-2 races in calendar with **** graphic not more is not a big problem is only this year.

At Monaco would be not overtakeable yes, at Imola if you add DRS zone for whole straight and maybe on previous straight too, then there is a chance to be good race. Just I believe you made your life harder to choice rF2, I like this sim, but lack of tracks with good graphics is the problem, also I think we, the drivers must be in advantage to choice what tracks to put, even with lower graphic buildings, because we're paying, not the spectaters. There are gonna be 1-2 races in calendar with **** graphic not more is not a big problem is only this year.

10.3 The Administration can replace a scheduled track for a replacement track if the track in question is not available for the game or does not meet quality expectations.

You voted for this rule and I don't remember you complaining about it.

Haha okey then, so you didn't know Melbourne is with **** graphic months ago? You realized it yesterday? After we paid licenses, if I knew what exactly will be the calendar I wouldn't pay to drive on 20 years tracks nothing related with real F1. You're trying to make happy some 50-60 people spectators and even don't care what we are thinking and when we say an opinion, you say shut up, you voted for these rules. So you can change everything because 1-2 people thinks it's a right decision and the drivers let them to do whatever they want. I made my opinion for THE ADMINISTRATION and I'm that kind of person who will say it in direct text, I'm not gonna talk behind your back. Thanks.

Haha okey then, so you didn't know Melbourne is with **** graphic months ago? You realized it yesterday? After we paid licenses, if I knew what exactly will be the calendar I wouldn't pay to drive on 20 years tracks nothing related with real F1. You're trying to make happy some 50-60 people spectators and even don't care what we are thinking and when we say an opinion, you say shut up, you voted for these rules. So you can change everything because 1-2 people thinks it's a right decision and the drivers let them to do whatever they want. I made my opinion for THE ADMINISTRATION and I'm that kind of person who will say it in direct text, I'm not gonna talk behind your back. Thanks.

I'm not saying "shut up" to those who post their opinions. I'm saying to think before suggesting things, we only have one person working on the tracks and we cannot force him to stick to his PC during the summer like you suggested.

At the beggining of the season we though we could archieve some quality with Melbourne but we are running out of time and David has to focus his efforts with another tracks.

If you really want Melbourne you are free to modify it and improve it to meet the quality spectations that FSR deserves.

I respect what you are doing, you, David, JES, I was angry because you say something before and now change your promises. Didn't mean to stick David front PC to work all summer, I thought will be more calm for him to not have hurry work to fix the track for 2-3 weeks and to work calmly. If I undertand to modify tracks would be gladly to help you guys.

I tested each track before the calendar was announced, but as Eduard explained situation has changed a bit now. Before season I worked together with an excellent trackmaker from ISI forums (we will use some of his track changes for second half of season). But he went on to other project, now developing his own track. I can't blame him for that as he wasn't related to FSR in any way. The simracing track modding community is almost dead so there are not even trackmakers to contact at moment with same skill level as David (and David is technically a beginner too), but feel free to contact me if anyone is interested to help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back