Cadwell Park

Tracks Cadwell Park 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Terra21 updated Cadwell Park with a new update entry:

Physical Mesh,New Layouts etc....

• Complete Rework of all shaders, lots of small tweaks - tried to balance the lighting to represent a true English day.
  • Added Physics Mesh - Now the right side of bumpy - I have driven around this place and it rattles the teeth
  • Fixed issue with black spiders above trees
  • Added Normal Maps and tweaked/fixed a lot of textures - Various around track to improve detail
  • Fixed Crowd - now view-able from all angles (if you don't like just omit the kn5 file)
  • Added Dynamic...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So far everything looks tip top. I did notice a strange glitch with the trees in the circled area. A strange moire effect perhaps.
cCapture.JPG

Keep up the great work. This is an amazing update !

I had lots of fun in the previous version, but on my system there seems to be something odd with the surroundings. They look less crispy and my FPS count dropped a bit also. I'm not using PP filters, only Wagnums mod and real weather. I'm going to try and play with the settings, but as for now, the previous version looked better to me.

Less crispy you say. Thats quite a interesting look at it. Less bright for sure. Noy sure i agree though. This track is in england. And the lighting is balanced that way. I watched a crap liad of videoes to try and match the feel of those. This is not critisism but when i drive around brands hatch it feels like im driving in italy on a bright sunny day. I have been to both these track even in the height of summer and they still always look kinda british and a little darker and more contrasty. Again its a just opionions though. Did you like the track mesh

Discovered lap time issue on the Woodland Circuit. As soon as I left the pits my time was logged as if I'd done a complete lap. It would appear the Start/Finish line is active when leaving the pits. 12.5 sec laptime. Ohhhh yea!! lolz
laptimeerror.JPG

Looks like you are missing the AC_TIME_1_L/R on the woodland circuit. You have a 0 and 2 point but not 1. If I had to guess that is part of the issue.

had this time issue also from hotlap start. will try the fix.
Thanks for this new version.
Now it's really great to drive on. Lot's of fun. And all 3 layouts!
Thanks so much

Are we finished with updates for today? :redface:

It's a bit funny you know... I thought I was getting some early dementia...
I though damn I could swear I downloaded this track today? :confused::devilish:
Realize later that it's been another update. Much later. :laugh:

Are we finished with updates for today? :redface:

It's a bit funny you know... I thought I was getting some early dementia...
I though damn I could swear I downloaded this track today? :confused::devilish:
Realize later that it's been another update. Much later. :laugh:
Yeah sorry there were a couple of timing points missing for woodlands... Hence people getting 12 second laptimes...the layout is short but not that short :roflmao:

Less crispy you say. Thats quite a interesting look at it. Less bright for sure. Noy sure i agree though. This track is in england. And the lighting is balanced that way. I watched a crap liad of videoes to try and match the feel of those. This is not critisism but when i drive around brands hatch it feels like im driving in italy on a bright sunny day. I have been to both these track even in the height of summer and they still always look kinda british and a little darker and more contrasty. Again its a just opionions though. Did you like the track mesh
My bad Jim, sorry. :redface:
I changed my weather and time of day settings to test the Car Mirabel track (which has heavily overexposed track) and forgot about them.
Just tried Cadwell again with my usual settings and it's just fine, sorry for my remark.
Track mesh is good imo, I get FFB that I could expect I guess...

My bad Jim, sorry. :redface:
I changed my weather and time of day settings to test the Car Mirabel track (which has heavily overexposed track) and forgot about them.
Just tried Cadwell again with my usual settings and it's just fine, sorry for my remark.
Track mesh is good imo, I get FFB that I could expect I guess...

No Problem At all

i work from a nice 4k calibrated monitor, i use for work, its normally pretty good reference so though it was a little strange

Track mesh is good, thanks for adding it :)

It does seem a lot darker than brands in heavy clouds weather (using a ppfilter that doesnt have massive auto-exposure (which would cover up differences in shaders/textures))

tags should probably be:
"tags" : ["circuit","Great Britain"],

Keep up the good work, any track with decent road mesh is always welcome

imagine it in VR! and thats all i can do without actually having VR:p. jim would know though he has a rift to experience the ups and downs of cadwell. lucky bugger:inlove:

Its the future once you try you will never want to go back. I was just saying before to terra. I have been lucky enough to actually drive cadwell park. And i compared this version with the supossedly lazer scanned pcars version (this is not a pcars bash). And gotta say from my memory (and thats all it is a memory) this version is way closer than the pcars version which feels over egsagerated in all its elevations

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%