1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Buy 1 rFactor and get 2

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Bram, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Tim posted this:

2. At first I was "cool, I'll spread this news around", but then I saw that it's $40, they can't be serious :D

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

How much is that in euro's? EUR 27? For two games, thats a lousy 13 euro's per game. Top deal!

4. When you consider that before the offer rFactor was $40 by itself, it actually works out to be pretty good. Considering all the mods available for it (some of retail quality) I believe rFactor is well worth any price.

5. For me, not so much :D. The game will become obsolete in a couple of months, plus you can buy it at half that price on Amazon. So it's really buy 1 get 1 :tongue:

6. Its nice to have an offer from devs but its a bit overpriced and well yeah, pretty much obsolete. Or is this saying that rF2 is a long way off yet?!

7. I don't think rFactor will become obsolete the moment rF2 is released. GTR didn't become obsolete when GTR2 was released, and Nascar Racing 2003 is still active. There's still some life left in rFactor, and it will take at least a few weeks until rF2 starts being populated with user-created content...

8. I'd say it would be a lot longer then a couple of weeks. Physics alone are going to take time to do with the new tyre engine without adding higher graphic textures, Possibly adding poly's to existing models and the list goes on. It took over 12 months for rF1 to really start growing. Can't see rF2 taking that long but it want be over night that's for sure.

9. Rfactor is still relivant today in 2014 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Indeed - it's still the sim I play most, by far ;) It will never be totally obsolete. Heck, GP4 is 12 years old and I still play it.