1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Buttons, buttons, buttons...

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Marc Collins, Nov 30, 2016 at 22:22.

1. There are more and more buttons appearing on steering wheels now, and some of us got lucky and got a button box as a gift ;)

If you had to list your top 10 or a dozen AMS functions to put on your valuable and limited wheel or button box controls, what would they be? I'd love to hear what others are doing before I finalize my configuration and labels.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

• Pit limiter
    • Pit request
    • Push to pas
    • DRS
    • Push to talk
    • Brake ballance
    • Info panel page changing
    • Look back
    • Look left
    • Look right
    • Lights switch
    • Traction control
    • ABS
    That is what I have on my wheel + driving view and something i don't recall. Still few bittons free but nothing to put on those

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pit limiter
    Clutch (analog, I have only two pedals)
    HUD page cycle
    HUD on/off
    FFB reset
    Glance Left/Right (two separate keys)
    Brake Bias +/- (another two separate keys)
    Arrow keys on my DFGT set to control the Pit menu
    Pit Menu
    Neutral

Okay that's ten (really fifteen) but I have more and I need them all...

Pause game
    Front/Rear ARB +/- (all together 4 controls)
    Handbrake (only if I'm doing ST or Rally, uses the same control as ARB -)
    TC cycle
    DRS
    Launch Control (if its not always bound I always forget the one time I need it)

Alright I just listed every control I need and every control I've bound and that's clearly not what OP asked for but screw it. I use them all.

4. Just so you can save some buttons, DRS and P2P can be assigned to the same button, and Look Back can be replaced by pressing Look Right and Look Left at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. How do you do that? Just literally pick the same button and it doesn't reset the other one as it usually does with control choices?

6. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

You can have a button or key assigned to two different options so this is a good was of saving buttons. In the case of DRS and P2P, there is no car that has both of these options.

7. Yes, it's a recent change from Reiza. When you pick an "occupied" button, it will ask if you want to overwrite, assign both or cancel. Something like that.

8. Excellent. Very clever for exactly the reason Warren just pointed out.

Now I have to figure out which buttons need doubling-up, too!!!!

9. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Staff Premium Member

all i got is g27 so its got 6 buttons + paddles

L-paddle = down shift R-paddle = up shift
    1 = look left 2 = look right
    3 = Horn 4 = cycle dynhud displays
    5 = TS push to talk 6 = pit limiter

10. Just realized the other thing we need is the opposite. To map two controller inputs to the same function. Why? So that you can have sequential paddles and sequential stick shifter mapped to the same up and downshift. Saves loading in a controller profile every time you change from one type of car to the other. H-pattern gears can already co-exist. Since they have allowed two functions for buttons, there would be no reason to need/have more than one controller profile (which is the way it should be).

11. Another question for modern F1 fans. I look at the wheel in AMS. FIrst, assuming you can even figure out what all the buttons and controls are on the wheel (!), which ones have corresponding controls in AMS?