1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Button 5 - it's so awesome, it's bound twice!

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Tom, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I can't exit the pit menu using my wheel because the corresponding button is bound twice - I thought that's a minor bug in the review version but it's definitely still there. It's so annyoing. Anyone else having the same issue? :(

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. ROFLMAO! It's a cloooooooone.... :p

3. I've been using a G27 for just over a year now and I still have no clue which button is number 5 , 10 or 19 etc :laugh:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Same goes for me! :D

5. TROLOLO

6. I don't like how they show these binding. I had no idea where is Button 18 on my G27 and so on.

7. Check in your Logitech Profiler.

8. I don't want to check profiler while playing. Seriously, do CM expect people know how their wheel controls are bound?

9. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Guys, it's not about the button itself. It's about a button being assigned to two functions at the same time - in this example I can only view the standings but not get out of the menu.

10. 16, 17, 18, 19 are the "ABXY" buttons (starting from the east and going clockwise). 1, 2, 3 and 4 are the red buttons (left to right). There's no Button 5 (or 6) as I think those are actually the shift paddles.

On the wheel, the red buttons are (from left to right, row by row)

Button 8 | Button 7
    Button 21 | Button 20
    Button 23 | Button 22

So as you can see, a convenient gap of two. my 50p is on the paddles.

Just rebind in the escape menu options! You can bind to the wheel and keyboard keys simultaneously...

11. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I wouldn't have asked if others experience the same bug if it'd be that simple! :D

12. :D oh well, worth a try.

Apparently button 5 is the equals key for some people...

13. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

:)

I can press SHIFT or ESCAPE on my keyboard, i.e. to see the track previews or exit the pit menu, instead but well...it's annoying.

14. its all in the wheel XML file at the bottom, just change to the buttons you want

<Action actionName="Menu Select">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button17" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
    <Axis axisName="win_key_return" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
    </Action>
    <Action actionName="Menu Back">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button18" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
    <Axis axisName="win_key_escape" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
    </Action>
    <Action actionName="Menu Button3">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button16" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
    </Action>
    <Action actionName="Menu Button4">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button15" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
    </Action>
    <Action actionName="Menu Start Button">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button7" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
    </Action>
    <Action actionName="Menu Back Button">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button1" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
    </Action>
    <Action actionName="Change View">
    <Axis axisName="win_key_c" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
    </Action>
    <Action actionName="Temp Left Shoulder">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button5" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
    </Action>
    <Action actionName="Temp Right Shoulder">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button4" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
    </Action>
    </ActionMap>