1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buttkicker - Input cable question

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Alex Ball, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Hey guys,

I got a 2nd hand buttkicker gamer today, and it works great, except I think I may be missing a cable or two. It came with a headphone to phono cable, which plugs into the back of the amp, but no splitter or anything. I had a splitter already, so I used that, but the vibrations only happen on the right hand side of the car, as the input is obviously in stereo, but the BKG only accepts a mono input.

I presume I should have had a stereo>mono converter/splitter cable with the unit? If so, where can I get one now? :)

Thanks in advance.

-a

2. Hi Alex. Do you have a local Maplin store handy. I'm sure that they can sort out what you need. Order online otherwise. I have a pre-used one due next week so I can let you know what's with mine if no-one else has come back to you beforehand.

Regards
    Iain

3. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Thanks mate. I ordered a stereo>mono adaptor on ebay - hopefully that'll sort me out.

Will reply when it arrives.

4. Are you hooking up the BKG to the sub-woofer?

5. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Nah, just nicking the normal output from the pc as my sub doesnt have an out.

6. Remember not to have to strong it will heat up and shut down, or even blow the amp.