• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buttkicker - Input cable question

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Alex Ball, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Ratings:
    +71
    Hey guys,

I got a 2nd hand buttkicker gamer today, and it works great, except I think I may be missing a cable or two. It came with a headphone to phono cable, which plugs into the back of the amp, but no splitter or anything. I had a splitter already, so I used that, but the vibrations only happen on the right hand side of the car, as the input is obviously in stereo, but the BKG only accepts a mono input.

I presume I should have had a stereo>mono converter/splitter cable with the unit? If so, where can I get one now? :)

Thanks in advance.

-a

2. Roadster-2

Roadster-2

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Alex. Do you have a local Maplin store handy. I'm sure that they can sort out what you need. Order online otherwise. I have a pre-used one due next week so I can let you know what's with mine if no-one else has come back to you beforehand.

Regards
    Iain

3. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Ratings:
    +71
    Thanks mate. I ordered a stereo>mono adaptor on ebay - hopefully that'll sort me out.

Will reply when it arrives.

4. Ramon Alonso

Ramon Alonso

Ratings:
    +23
    Are you hooking up the BKG to the sub-woofer?

5. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Ratings:
    +71
    Nah, just nicking the normal output from the pc as my sub doesnt have an out.

6. Ramon Alonso

Ramon Alonso

Ratings:
    +23
    Remember not to have to strong it will heat up and shut down, or even blow the amp.