• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buttkicker + GSC2012 = a bit dissappointed !

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Eric Bergeron, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    First of all , i want to say : I own a lot of racing game ! but my preferred : GSC2012 ! Congratulation reiza studio for a great game like this !
    I bought a buttkicker for gamer and i tried it on many racing games. This stuff is amazing ! not very powerfull but just enough , on the limit ! it add a new dimension into immersion.
    I am a bit dissappointed because when i tried it with rFactor i could feel the curbs very very well but with GSC i don`t feel the curbs with the buttkicker
    It seems to me that the signal of it is transmitted via the rear speaker not by the center/LFE. Are they something to change in the controller.ini or something like that !

thanks for your help !

2. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    Yah ! after some recherch i found my solution ! i swapped the vehicule sound from rFactor's car (rumble.wav) with those of GSC and now i can feel the curbs very well with the buttkicker. Simply because the frequence of GSC sound (rumble) is higher than rFactor

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,111
    Thanks for posting the solution Eric!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +581
    Good solution Eric, I might add a buttkicker or subwoofer to my setup eventually, so that's good to know thanks.

5. Craig Booth

Craig Booth

Ratings:
    +190
    It's even better with Simvibe.

6. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    How much your setup did it cost?

7. Satoru Ohno

Satoru Ohno

Ratings:
    +15
    As Craig said, SimVibe is better than audio based tactile.
    I've switched from Buttkicker to SimVibe with 4 tactile transducers.
    Now I can feel everything happened to the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Niels_at_home

Niels_at_home
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +307
    Such devices would be much better if they didn't run based on sound, but based on telemetry such as vertical G force! Surely someone must be able to do something like that..

9. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    Certainly ! that could be a good idea to add data available like g-force, road's bumps via udp port like x-plane !

10. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    You were right ! I just bought simvibe yesterday and it's fabulous with GSC ! :D:D:rolleyes:

until noww i have some difficulties with iRacing and simraceway but probably i will find the problem soon !

The only negative point , that is not plugin for nKpro et fva....:mad: