1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buttkicker + GSC2012 = a bit dissappointed !

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Eric Bergeron, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium Member

First of all , i want to say : I own a lot of racing game ! but my preferred : GSC2012 ! Congratulation reiza studio for a great game like this !
    I bought a buttkicker for gamer and i tried it on many racing games. This stuff is amazing ! not very powerfull but just enough , on the limit ! it add a new dimension into immersion.
    I am a bit dissappointed because when i tried it with rFactor i could feel the curbs very very well but with GSC i don`t feel the curbs with the buttkicker
    It seems to me that the signal of it is transmitted via the rear speaker not by the center/LFE. Are they something to change in the controller.ini or something like that !

thanks for your help !
  2. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium Member

Yah ! after some recherch i found my solution ! i swapped the vehicule sound from rFactor's car (rumble.wav) with those of GSC and now i can feel the curbs very well with the buttkicker. Simply because the frequence of GSC sound (rumble) is higher than rFactor
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Thanks for posting the solution Eric!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Good solution Eric, I might add a buttkicker or subwoofer to my setup eventually, so that's good to know thanks.
  5. Craig Booth

Craig Booth
    Premium Member

It's even better with Simvibe.
  6. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

How much your setup did it cost?
  7. As Craig said, SimVibe is better than audio based tactile.
    I've switched from Buttkicker to SimVibe with 4 tactile transducers.
    Now I can feel everything happened to the car.
  8. Niels_at_home

Reiza Studios

Such devices would be much better if they didn't run based on sound, but based on telemetry such as vertical G force! Surely someone must be able to do something like that..
  9. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium Member

Certainly ! that could be a good idea to add data available like g-force, road's bumps via udp port like x-plane !
  10. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium Member

You were right ! I just bought simvibe yesterday and it's fabulous with GSC ! :D:D:rolleyes:

until noww i have some difficulties with iRacing and simraceway but probably i will find the problem soon !

The only negative point , that is not plugin for nKpro et fva....:mad: