Buttkicker Amplifier

I have a Buttkicker Gamer on the way but it's just the vibration unit on its own, no amplifier. Does anyone know of a relatively inexpensive power amplifier that can be used to drive it. Everything I've looked at so far costs more than a new Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Thanks

I have one, and would like an alternative too, since the amp that come from the factory, BKA-130-C, are kinda delicate. I had to send mine back for another one. Here are the specs,

-90 Watts rms @ 2 ohms
-Wired Remote Control
-Class D switching technology
-Variable high cutoff, 40 - 160 Hz
-Low cutoff, 25 Hz switchable
-Five way binding post output
-Convection cooling, no fan

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. It would be good if we can source an alternative. I know that there were problems with the amp used on the original Buttkicker Gamer so perhaps knowing of an alternative would be good for these users to.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I didn't find anything suitable either, or should I say nothing suitable at a reasonable cost. I ended up buying a Gamer II amp that came up on eBay. If your amp was a pre Gamer II amp then you can look out for a Gamer II amp as this will be better.

Good luck

Upvote 0
It's a gamer2 amp that I have (BKA-130-C).
I have spoken to the uk dealer , and they offered to repair it for me.

I will keep you posted as to costs etc.

P.s

I just ordered one of these also

image.jpg

Upvote 0
I've been waiting on a replacement amp for Gamer 2 since about March this year (2016). Apparently the new amp is coming but I really hope it's sometime soon.

Amplifier stopped working shortly after getting it. It wouldn't turn on and when power button pressed it would make a click sound and then nothing.

Was a great piece of kit until that happened.

Upvote 0
!!!! My amp Butt kicker amp (BKA-130-OE) has stopped working!!! New one will cost about £170 ...Any one have an idea if i can use an alternative amp? i have an Alesis RA300 sitting down somewhere.

Upvote 0
My gamer 2 amp died twice with the same fault - it clicks as if it is coming on but is actually unresponsive. Its in the loft gathering dust as I can't be bothered to repair it again. If anyone does find a suitable alternative or is clever enough to open up a faulty amp and figure out what is actually causing this fault I'm all listening!

Upvote 0
The main issue you will find is a 2ohm supported resistance

Ahem, (cough) yet again may I recommened
Behinger iNuke DSP 1000 amplifier as it will:

• Power 2 Channels (not just a single unit)
  • Work with 2 Ohm 4 Ohm 8 Ohm 16 Ohm
  • Can even allow different Ohm combination on each channel
  • Digital wattage limiter
  • Strong & Sturdy professional connections (XLR & SpeakON)
  • Single Mono, Dual Mono, Stereo or Bridged mode operation
  • Has lots of additional controls with the DSP if wanted to be used or learned
  • PC Control via USB and free software (Remote Connect)
  • Control and reduce/remove "Buttkicker Piston Pang" issues.
  • Amp type of choice by many high-end tactile users

The only real drawback from this amp, is the fan noise (which can be modded) at the users discretion.
DSP 1000 will easily power 2x larger BK Advance
DSP 3000 is commonly purchased to power 2x (largest) BK-LFE models

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have had the same problem. I bought 5 of the original buttkicker gamers brand new from an Irish dealer. I sold 2 and kept and sold 3. All the amps died. I bought them half price so I should have known they were dodgey. I've been looking a decent replacement. I've still got two and they power up but the shaker does nothing.

Upvote 0
Trying to get updated information on the long-standing issue of the best ButtKicker amp alternative. I'm running two (2) ButtKicker LFEs off the PS4 and need a suitable amp to run both of them. One suggestion was the Dayton Audio SA1000, but I now find out I would need two to run both LFEs. What's the best solution for a single Amp to run both? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Trying to get updated information on the long-standing issue of the best ButtKicker amp alternative. I'm running two (2) ButtKicker LFEs off the PS4 and need a suitable amp to run both of them. One suggestion was the Dayton Audio SA1000, but I now find out I would need two to run both LFEs. What's the best solution for a single Amp to run both? Thanks in advance.

@Mr Latte suggested the Beringer DSP3000 a few posts up in this thread and if I'm not mistaken, that has now been superseded by the NX3000D. I'm no expert though so I'd wait for one of the experienced guys to confirm that for you.

Upvote 0

You wont buy (for tactile) a better amp for the money than the NX1000D. (Ensure you get D version with DSP)
The 3000D is the more powerful version for about £30 more.

Both of these have all the benefits of the DSP that other amps do not offer (which is mentioned a lot on these forums).
The 3000D is only needed if you seek to power two of the largest 4ohm BK LFE or a Q10B Earthquake shaker.

The 1000D will power anything from the smallest exciters up to the largest 2ohm BK Concert. Yow can even set a digital wattage limiter for smaller/budget units. It supports 2ohm, 4ohm, 8ohm loads which means it will run just about all makes/types of transducers. Very few amps support 2ohm loads but that's what the BK Gamer and BK Mini Concert use.

Few amps are so adaptable or have such a range of features, the only drawback is the loud fans that some people swap out.

Now think about this a sub £200 amp with DSP functionality that can power £600 worth of dual large size BK Concerts.
Buy once, like this and you shouldn't need upgrading.

Ive helped sell hundreds of these amps since the original DSP models in 2012, you don't see often people with issues/problems or unhappy with their performance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for your response Mr. Latte. Question: Would I need the ART CLEANBoxPro before connecting the PS4 to the amp? And what is the best connector from the RCA out to the Behringer amp? Again, thanks in advance for your comments.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back