Build 1028 graphics problems

Peevee88

Premium
Updated to latest version 1028 and before I did so rF2 was running silky smooth.
Now it appears that there is some sort of lag - graphics seem to jerk along no longer smooth - and occasional stutter which amounts to a half second pause.
Very strange. All I did was update to latest build. Seems worse when using BES mod, but also happens with Megane Trophy although less intense.

My specs are:
  • Windows 7
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
  • Memory: 32768MB RAM
  • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
  • Monitor Model: SAMSUNG SAM0A7A LED display
Oddly Fraps showing steady 60FPS with sync on and with it off steady 80 FPS - but for sure what I am seeing on the screen it is not steady.
I am assuming something with the new build has caused this and suggestions for fix or workaround would be cool. Have posted on official forum but figured here I would get a better response.
Anyone else getting this?
Any ideas on a fix?
BTW all other sims unaffected...

My processor (AMD Phenom 965 @3.4 ghz) is not as strong as what you use but i do use a MSI Gaming GTX-970 and i haven't ever experienced this even with a full grid (42 ai) with the Nascars!

Perhaps the update didn't install correctly. If you haven't already i would perform an integrity check on your rF2 install and if that doesn't correct it then i would install an additional rF2 lite install with only an ISI track and car mod to see if this corrects it. Be sure you make a new "UserData" directory in your rF2 install and don't use the old one in this test.

Last edited:
Took the plunge updated to Windows 10 and all got sorted
In fact everything running much better with almost double the frame rates with everything maxed out in all sims.
Thanks for the advice gentlemen!
PS: Anyone sitting on the fence regarding upgrading to Windows 10 - no worries it works more than fine and hassle free...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 244 13.5%