• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Featured Build 1.4.9 of Automobilista Released Today!

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Jefferson Costa

Jefferson Costa

Ratings:
    +16
    They used the Honda K20 for a good part of the season but it was unreliable, so they changed to the Chevy LS3 (with which they won at Tarumã last month). The LS3 will be kept for the 12 Hours of Tarumã in December.

As for the Judd V10 and Powetec, I don't know of anyone here who owns any of them to be used, and the top endurance teams tend to rely on LS3, K20, Volkswagen AP or Ford Duratec power.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Richard Crawford

Richard Crawford

Ratings:
    +8
    From I've read I think the car can take any of the four engines available in AMS, but in real life it had only run with the Honda turbo and Chevy LS3.

I've tried all four in the beta and the Powertec V8 is my favourite to drive, it sounds like a proper LMP2 car with that engine. Special mention to the Judd V10 sounds though, Reiza have absolutely nailed it with those. Particularly the exterior sounds are very very close to how a Judd V10 sounds in real life

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +405
    There is just something magical about this car at Kansai...that 'feel' you get when shifting through gears...that 'punch' is just magical.
    These guys are turning simracing on it's head.
    Absolutely freakin' brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. SAGY31

SAGY31

Ratings:
    +3
    Multi class racing for 12h at Tarumã must be very intense, especially now after trying it in AMS! First and second corner are insanely fast in AJR!

5. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +405

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jefferson Costa

Jefferson Costa

Ratings:
    +16
    Yes, it can and a bit more, but watching the MR18 until the moment I doubt the customer teams and even JLM Racing itself will go outside the LS3 and Honda turbo as their choices with the AJR. The MR18 had this freedom too but most of the teams here used Honda or Audi turbo engines.

7. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    I wish I could check out the new update, but game crashes in the pits no matter what car/track combo. I am not the only one with this issue. Tried a bunch of stuff with no success.....

8. Domagoj Lovrić

Domagoj Lovrić
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +52
    Pls try with AudioPostFX set to Low.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MANashTTU

MANashTTU

Ratings:
    +1
    Great update to the best sim. Thank you.

I do have a question about the AI---was there a change that makes them more apt to hit a slower driver (me) from behind? Was trying out the new cars on Interlagos Chicane, which I just ran lots of laps in StockCar championship just last week. I got run over quite a bit on both low and medium aggression levels.

10. taylajee

taylajee

Ratings:
    +1
    This is the most sensible opinion from a VR user I've read.

11. F1Fan07

F1Fan07

Ratings:
    +1
    Any other Nvidia Surround + multiview users seeing a spreading blob of colour on both monitors and a thin flickering line on the right monitor while sitting in the menus/garage/etc... that is, when there's nothing displayed on the side monitors?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +405

Subtle little changes added by Reiza.
    Watch the lights go on.
    I actually had my first proper engine failure here.
    The thing sounded like it was 'eating' itself from on-board.
    Nice touch.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +95
    Loving the new turbo models, F1 Classic, Honda Turbo in the AJR and very satisfying turbo noise from the F-Trucks. Poooosh!
    New HUD is great too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes! Thank you very much. Worked like a charm!

• Like Like x 1
  15. AntoN_CheZ

AntoN_CheZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    I get weird colours in the corners of the screen in the menu, but it's mainly when the Steam overlay pops up when someone comes online etc. Was worried at first but it's only in menus and only in AMS so I forget about it usually.

16. F1Fan07

F1Fan07

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, I forgot to mention, it's only when in the menus... not when driving.

17. Enzo Brocker

Enzo Brocker

Ratings:
    +8
    Richard Crawford the car can be fitted with almost any engine. I'm part of the team and work on R&D, analysed almost every engine option and got to talk with plenty of companies, including Judd, but it's an expensive option that needs deep pockets to acquire and maintain, let alone its technical complexity, being in Brazil we need to be able to be independent if we want to solve things quickly.

SAGY31 Yes! It's super intense given the fast nature of the track and the varied classes of cars racing, bear in mind there are old VW Beetles sharing the track with us some years. To watch traffic pass by through corner 1 is specially mesmerizing during the night.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +270
    Wow... Awesome changelog as usual. "Excited and normal spectator sounds" sounds fun! :) Wonder if its when the Winner pass the finish line or if its also during some spectacular overtakes. Maybe there could be one for crashes "OOOWWWWW! IS HE ALRIGHT?!?! MUMBLE MUMBLE". :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,193
    I'm just glad they didn't implement bored spectator mode and/or spectators leaving the stands. That would likely be my default for most races.

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Morello

Morello

Ratings:
    +16
    This is usually because of SweetFX or similar filters - i forget which AMS uses - they don't handle blank spaces well. You can toggle it with scroll lock or one of those group of 3 keys and make sure that's what it is. It's off-putting but there's nothing "wrong" with your settings or files, it's a quirk of the filter.