Build 1.4.9 of Automobilista Released Today!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update 1.4.9.jpg

Reiza Studios have released build 1.4.9 for Automobilista today, potentially one of the final updates to the simulation before it reaches its final finished state.

The new release for AMS brings with it plenty of improvements and fixes to the title such as AI enhancements and DRS tweaks, however perhaps most of the attention today will be focused around some fairly substantial changes and additions to the simulation, namely the brand new turbo model introduced to several cars and trucks, the new MetalMoro AJR prototype car, substantial HUD improvements and innovations and of course the 2017 Spielberg revamp.. so plenty to get stuck in to for players next time you restart your Steam account.

Build 1.4.9 Update Notes:

NEW CONTENT
  • Added Metalmoro AJR Prototype series
GENERAL
  • Added turbo model (used by cars in F-Classic, Lancer Cup, Mini, Metalmoro MR18 & AJR, F-Truck series)
  • Season Tool: Added calendar generation support; added additional track filters for series/type/venue/no of ai supported; added randomize action to selected calendar
  • Fixed a bug that would cause timing issues on first lap of rolling start
  • Added skip race button to championships events where a DLC track is not owned
  • Prevented pit fixtures from loading whilst a player is on track online (should reduce stutter when a new player joins)
  • Removed race percentage as a race length type option, added a Distance option
  • Added protection so that FFB isn´t run when in the options screen
  • Added time out failsafe to the finish session button, only allow 2 times the fastest lap of the session or 1/4 of the session time if no lap set yet, before being able to press next session
  • Removed race percentage time scale option
  • Improved Fuel Rate calculations to use a rolling 5 lap average for AI & Player
  • Adjusted fuel warning to when you have less than 3 complete laps of fuel left and disabled it when fuel consumption is disabled
UI & HUD
  • Revamped native HUD & TV overlay system
  • Added ability to customize HUD layout with customingamelayoutini (See support folder - read notes in the file!)
  • DynHUD is now disabled by default (can be enabled back in AMS Config)
  • Replaced UI font
  • Fixed loading screen text sizing at different resolutions
  • Updated championship mode UI
  • Tweaked team name sorting code so that teams no longer require unique names (removing V12, V10, 2015, 2017 suffixes)
  • Combined Online Chat & Timing Monitor screens
  • Fixed last car disappearing on timing screen when a player is removed before starting a race
AUDIO
  • Added new interior and exterior curb samples (currently only in Formula V10)
  • Fixed possible occasional clicks and pops in audio (mostly noticeable on curbs / some engine sounds)
  • Fixed external shift sound sometimes producing artifacts when vehicle is far away
  • Slightly refactored external audio filter (should sound nicer when approaching / leaving camera)
  • Sound now pans from one side to the other in tracking external cameras (can be tweaked from PLR file)
  • Reverb level in surround mode can be adjusted per speaker from PLR file
  • Ambient sounds have been refactored, they are now in mp3 format and can be unique per track
  • Added new track announcer voice sound effects
  • Crowds now have two levels, excited and normal (more to come later)
  • Pit sound effects play only if you are in actual pit (be it viewing your own or opponent vehicle)
  • Disabled pitSounds and Ambient sounds for Audio PostFX on low setting
  • Announcer and crowd sounds are not played in test day / time trial
  • All vehicle sounds should now be in center / not panned to side regardles of audio output configuration, if wav files don't have any pan in them
  • Fixed spotter spotting other vehicles when private qualifying is active (needs more testing)
  • Fixed bumpstop sound being triggered too often over curbs causing some clicks
  • Menu UI sounds do not produce clicks anymore if cursor is moved quickly over them
  • Reverb is muted when switching cameras
  • Ambient sound volume/pan is randomized slightly when switching external cameras
AI
  • Adjusted AI so that its less affected when driving side by side or when a drive quickly approaches from behind
  • Minor fix to reduce AI pulling to the inside when quite far behind other cars and approaching corners
  • Toned down AI "Sudden Move" scalar in all cars
  • Reduced AI aggression in all formula cars
CONTENT FIXES & UPDATES
  • Corrected DRS zone ends at Spielberg, Hockenheim, Kansai (preventing AI from flapping wing open/closed in post DRS braking zones)
  • Added 2 new clear / slightly clouded sky sets
  • Minor LOD adjustments to F-Vintage, F-Vee
  • Increased P2P power in StockV8, Montana
  • Spielberg: Complete track revamp to 2017 version & updated graphics
  • Cascavel: Reduced garage depth to stop cars crashing into pit wall leaving garages
  • Velopark: Fixed object popping in back straight
  • Adelaide: Fixed Supertruck Ramp Material sound
  • F-Vee: Updated external sounds
  • F-Dirt: Updated external sounds
  • SuperTruck: Reduced AI aggression
  • Ultima: Added LSD to road cars
  • Super V8: Adjusted AI fuel estimating
  • F-V12: minor tire adjustments
  • F-Classic: minor tire adjustments
  • F-Vintage: Minor AI tweak
  • F-Ultimate: Minor AI tweak
  • Mini: Fixed max number of opponents to 23
  • Metalmoro MR18: Adjusted fuel estimates
  • F-Classic: Added analogue cockpit configuration option; Fixed mirrors texture size, material mapping, overexposure, distortion
  • TC Classics: Updated cockpit textures (now all cockpits are in the main bodywork color and cockpit, roll cages can be skinned independently); Fixed various minor graphical glitches; Updated community skins; increased engine inertia; Fixed wrong VX IDs
GENERAL NOTES:

Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

If you want to know more about the new MetalMoro AJR Prototype, check out the preview article HERE.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

AMS Update 1.4.9 2.jpg
AMS Update 1.4.9 3.jpg

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new update yet? What do you think of the latest build and new content added to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Great addition to Automobilista, especially after watching the real AJR closely during the whole Dopamina Endurance season, including the first win, and after a few laps in AMS it became clear that the real car still has more to offer.

Was impressed with the record-breaker Chevy version but it was the Honda one that I liked the most.

I guess the issue with the dynamic HUD crashing the game is still prevailing, but at least it's not automatically on off.

Anyone have a good arguement not to buy? This isn't in my opinion.

I bought an Oculus, but never used it so far, guess I am still not infatuated enough with VR.

I have Oculus and a 1080Ti to run it. I basically run AMS more than any other sim title. It's summer now in Australia and the head unit looks less and less appealing to me right now. AMS has proper triple screen support, so if you are set up for this, you will find an amazing experience even without VR. The problem for me (as a VR AND a triple screen user) is when a title offers NEITHER of these options (Dirt 4). Disgusting to race in a stretched image without the option of at least being able to throw on the head unit once you are used to the proper perspective.

For someone that was amazed at the immersion of VR, it goes to show how good AMS really is that it makes me not bothered that it doesn't support it, yet. Next title maybe :)

I have Oculus and a 1080Ti to run it. I basically run AMS more than any other sim title. It's summer now in Australia and the head unit looks less and less appealing to me right now. AMS has proper triple screen support, so if you are set up for this, you will find an amazing experience even without VR. The problem for me (as a VR AND a triple screen user) is when a title offers NEITHER of these options (Dirt 4). Disgusting to race in a stretched image without the option of at least being able to throw on the head unit once you are used to the proper perspective.

For someone that was amazed at the immersion of VR, it goes to show how good AMS really is that it makes me not bothered that it doesn't support it, yet. Next title maybe :)
Hey Anthony, why aren't you racing with the aussie club on Sunday nights?
Hopefully see you there one day:)

Hey Anthony, why aren't you racing with the aussie club on Sunday nights?
Hopefully see you there one day:)

You know what Tony? I have been sim racing for a little under 2 years now. I have yet to race with people yet. I am one of those people that will not join a 'real' activity until I feel that I have enough level of skill to a) get something out of it myself and b) not destroy other peoples time while trying to do so. I play fighting games too and it takes me so long to actually get online and play real people because I feel there is so much I should learn and have an understanding of BEFORE I expose myself to that environment. I am even subbed to iRacing and have never actually done anything apart from practice by myself.

Trust me, when the time comes I will be signing up for leagues left and right. For now, i just need to get faster and be more consistent with both my times and my judgement of safe racing :)

You know what Tony? I have been sim racing for a little under 2 years now. I have yet to race with people yet. I am one of those people that will not join a 'real' activity until I feel that I have enough level of skill to a) get something out of it myself and b) not destroy other peoples time while trying to do so. I play fighting games too and it takes me so long to actually get online and play real people because I feel there is so much I should learn and have an understanding of BEFORE I expose myself to that environment. I am even subbed to iRacing and have never actually done anything apart from practice by myself.

Trust me, when the time comes I will be signing up for leagues left and right. For now, i just need to get faster and be more consistent with both my times and my judgement of safe racing :)
There are lots of levels of drivers in the aussie club, not league races just fun club races every sunday night. anytime you wish to join one don't be shy mate, we also practice a lot together during the week, come introduce yourself i assure you you will love racing against other humans, totally different experience:)

Funny thing, though - I did a 10 minute race with the Metalmoro on Interlagos with 15 AI cars, fell down to last place, but pretty much on the last lap, most of the field just crashed out and DNF'd, leaving me on the podium :) At one point, there was cars and car parts everywhere :D Quite unexpected ;)
Pls can you give an info what track you've raced them on and had that problem?

Paul,
You guys are creating an amazing game,
But I'm missing something.
An editor to edit the A.I. Line. That would be
Great. And maybe more medium/ heavy
cloudy sky sets. Is it possible to change the sky to medium or heavy clouds. ?!?

Thanks for this game and keep up your work ☺

Great addition to Automobilista, especially after watching the real AJR closely during the whole Dopamina Endurance season, including the first win, and after a few laps in AMS it became clear that the real car still has more to offer.

Was impressed with the record-breaker Chevy version but it was the Honda one that I liked the most.

Do they use all of those 4 engine configurations in real life series as they are in the sim?

Used to think like that too. You'll never be ready. Take the step. Other guys are not superhumans and aliens are out of reach anyway. Racing against humans is the only way t get better

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back