DiRT 4 Build 1.06 Patch Update Deployed for Codemasters DiRT Title

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
a DiRT 4 New Build.jpg

The latest patch has been deployed for the new Codemasters rally title DiRT 4, bringing the game to build version 1.06 and adding a bunch of new fixes to the game.

Released to mixed reviews from fans of the long running Codemasters series, the latest build update to DiRT 4 looks to inject a number of fixes and bug defects found within the current version of the title as well as adding a few minor feature improvements.

Although light on content and new features, the latest patch is a useful release and will surely be well received by current players, with Codemasters having done a good job of addressing some of the long running bugbears with the latest game.

You can check out the full build 1.06 patch notes below:

Feature Improvements
  • Added full Japanese language support, including text, subtitles, and audio.
  • Bug fixes and refinements to improve the quality across all written languages.
  • Improved anti-cheat detection for Joyride leaderboards.
  • Fearless difficulty modified so it allows all types of manual gears.
  • An improved system for storing and re-uploading Community Event times when RaceNet is unavailable.
  • Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session.
  • Pro Tour scoring is now more consistent.
  • ‘Up and Up’ achievement will now unlock when you get promoted to any tier in Pro Tour.
Crash Fixes
  • Improved stability across the game.
General Fixes
  • Added the ability to configure unsupported devices. If you are already using an unsupported device, you will need to rebind any custom changes.
  • Fixed car wheels and suspension popping in the Service Area.
  • Fixed Mailbox specific issues.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some Community Events results to become invalidated.
  • Fixed an issue with Delta Daily results

DiRT 4 is available to purchase for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam PC right now.

a DiRT 4 New Build 1.jpg
a DiRT 4 New Build 2.jpg
a DiRT 4 New Build 3.jpg

Check out the DiRT 4 sub forum to get yourself involved with the DiRTy community and discuss this excellent new rally title from Codemasters. If DiRT 4 doesn't tickle your fancy then fear not, we also have a sub forum for the awesome DiRT Rally games for you to enjoy and interact within!

Happy with the progress of DiRT 4 since initial release? Pleased with the latest update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I disagree. I jumped back into DR the other day after a long stint with D4. It felt like I was driving a car again rather than a game. I had actually trained myself to forget how DR felt it seems but as soon as I set off on the stage I was getting all sorts of info through the controls that simply weren't there in D4.

I disagree. I jumped back into DR the other day after a long stint with D4. It felt like I was driving a car again rather than a game. I had actually trained myself to forget how DR felt it seems but as soon as I set off on the stage I was getting all sorts of info through the controls that simply weren't there in D4.

Are you on a console?

If the rally physics have changed on the console (I have a TX and a decent rig) then the rallycross physics have been massively improved. If the rally physics are worse on the console, either I can't tell (never rallied, but raced on track plenty) or they are just slightly off.

Won't be buying this till it's sorted properly, shame really, Codies were a great Dev team once, how times have changed.
It's a shame the Dev's of the modern sim have taken the "half baked approach" to title releases. I long for the days when Dev team's would produce title's that were 90%+ finished straight out the box.

This is just another example of the "She'll by right mate" Dev attitude, maybe we consumers should be boycotting these poor quality half baked releases to show our displeasure at being taken for a ride (pun intended) just my 2c

@Andrew Scott If you want to show your displeasure about "half baked releases", you can leave the devs out of it. You can be sure they had no say in when the release date will be and in what state the game will be launched. And there's nothing wrong with their attitude at all as well - they do care about the game and about rally in general a great deal. They're not making compromises because they want to, they have no choice.

Show your displeasure to the executives and the distributor, they're the ones calling the shots, not devs.

Also, the game certainly has flaws, but calling it "half baked" is going a bit too far IMO.

@Andrew Scott If you want to show your displeasure about "half baked releases", you can leave the devs out of it. You can be sure they had no say in when the release date will be and in what state the game will be launched. And there's nothing wrong with their attitude at all as well - they do care about the game and about rally in general a great deal. They're not making compromises because they want to, they have no choice.

Show your displeasure to the executives and the distributor, they're the ones calling the shots, not devs.

Also, the game certainly has flaws, but calling it "half baked" is going a bit too far IMO.
It's just my opinion Martin, same as you have yours, no need to get all defensive on behalf of the Devs. And I think you'll find the distributor has very little to do with the content.

Won't be buying this till it's sorted properly, shame really, Codies were a great Dev team once, how times have changed.
It's a shame the Dev's of the modern sim have taken the "half baked approach" to title releases. I long for the days when Dev team's would produce title's that were 90%+ finished straight out the box.

This is just another example of the "She'll by right mate" Dev attitude, maybe we consumers should be boycotting these poor quality half baked releases to show our displeasure at being taken for a ride (pun intended) just my 2c

Who are you talking about when writing "devs"?

I for one appreciate the approaches dev teams like Kunos, Reiza, Studio397 or Sector3 have opted for because they have been working on their titles for years - always trying to improve their games.

To you, it might look half baked but I really like what these (smaller) dev teams do. They let you take part and witness their games' progress over years.

And regarding Dirt 4: Yes, it has its flaws but maybe we should give Codemasters a bit more time. I totally dislike their update procedure. It's really annoying that there has to be 37GB of free space on one's HDD and that the download/update often sticks at 99% for about an hour. I am also not happy with physics and FFB of most of the cars - especially comparing it to Dirt Rally, but seeing Dirt 4 as a game, it is a finished product.

... And regarding Dirt 4: ... I totally dislike their update procedure. It's really annoying that there has to be 37GB of free space on one's HDD and that the download/update often sticks at 99% for about an hour. I am also not happy with physics and FFB of most of the cars - especially comparing it to Dirt Rally, but seeing Dirt 4 as a game, it is a finished product.
spot on, took 45 min. on my machine whereas the iRacing update the same day (ok one shouldn't compare apples with pears) took about 90 secs.
regarding the physics: as a player, one better not go back to DR, it's a crying shame.
regarding the gaming experience: all smooth and fine here, it's a finished product.

I´m running DR and D4 with Sim Commander FFB, so pure physics-based and compared some cars in both titles. The FFB in D4 is much better here and on par with AMS. In DR i don´t have proper feeling of the longitudinal weight transfer and grip. IMO the physics in DR are too understeering and unpredictable to be true. You need to know the stage too well to survive. D4 is still hard enough, especially in the fast classes and with the rain and fog, but driving clean and fast is possible and predictable, so more realistic from the grip compare to what i saw in real footages.

But i had to fiddle a bit with the Game-FFB in D4 and it seems a mess on default. Wheel friction i find horrible and put it on 5% instead of 100% for example. And SimVibe is highly recommended:thumbsup:.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 79 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • €3001-5000