Bugbear Facing Bankruptcy?

Honestly, we should've seen this coming. The game is very fun in my opinion and the physics are pretty good, but the slow development and lack of publisher doomed Bugbear from the start. I hope one of two things happens:

1) A publisher picks up the studio and continues development of the game. I'd love to see someone like Codemasters pick up the crew and continue the game's development as a "different branch of racing".

2) Release the source code and let the game become a "community project". I realize this is highly unlikely, but seeing how Unreal Tournament has turned out so far, it'd be pretty cool.

James Cook

Marcas fan
Hopefully Wreckfest comes out the other side of this, whatever happens. It is a good game with plenty of potential and even if the worst happens I can say I've had my money's worth out of it. Lots of fun multiplayer nights were had with friends.

But as you said (@BoogerMac), development was far too slow from the outset and poorly focused. The physics overhaul wasn't strictly necessary as it played well beforehand and I feel they should have put more emphasis on developing an offline career mode and championships to give people a reason to play this game. Also, there simply aren't enough tracks and cars (with customisation options).

Going 5/6 months between significant updates was also a killer. The game appeared stagnant and far from finished. I think players just drifted away from Wreckfest as a result and only a small hardcore remain.

If I remember correctly, before Christmas 2014 Bugbear released a good update, servers were busy and Wreckfest appeared to be gaining traction. All that was lost as the game didn't receive another update until mid 2015.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000